Screwed for life? (1 Viewer)

yurikwon

HSC
Okay, so i haven't really bothered studying - and now i'm really stressing out.. i guess it never really occurred to me until recently.
I'm doing two major works - and let's just say... they're not really working out for me.
I really want to get into university... but i don't know if i'm able to...
Don't get me wrong - i'm starting to pick up my game, it's just... i think there's alot of pressure right now.. and i'm not really working as well as i should be.. ?

am i the only one ? or are there other people who feel the same way?

Skriker

HSC
Okay, so i haven't really bothered studying - and now i'm really stressing out.. i guess it never really occurred to me until recently.
I'm doing two major works - and let's just say... they're not really working out for me.
Don't get me wrong - i'm starting to pick up my game, it's just... i think there's alot of pressure right now.. and i'm not really working as well as i should be.. ?

Well you better start now, if your keen on seeing what your Atar currently is go to the HSC marks guidence page thing to get an estimate of your Atar, luckily Iruler pulled my socks up and Ive been cracking on my work all holidays,

There are definetly other people who feel the same way, just do alot of study from now until the end of your HSC, its a short time but it will be worth it in the long run :)

Fake-Name

HSC

What subjects are you doing? What major works are you doing?

yurikwon

HSC
i do...

English Advanced, Biology, Visual Arts, General Maths and Multimedia.

Visual Arts and Multimedia are the ones that require major works.
I'm doing okay with Multimedia... but i know it doesn't scale well.
With Art.. i'm kind of stumbling around and i don't really know what i'm doing.

Karvya

HSC
dont worry im in the same position as you. best advice i ever gotten is to make a study timetable. stick to it, i've been making one for the past two wks and it working out pretty good....keep distractions to a bare minimum ! (you cant cut it out totallyyy. its kinda unrealistic if you think about it, right ?)
as with the major works, im doing art too. right now, i just want it to end. not long to go but. just put in 110% effort NOW and it'll pay off.
as with studying for all ur other theory subjects, collects notes/make ur own -revise them & do as many practice papers.....my tutor said to me, "dont learn for the sake of learning..learn because you WANT to understand it" haha. so yeah, try not to cram (i knw its inevitable) - but just get better at what you know & good luck

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
lol people stressing over hsc... :lol:

Just shut up and do it

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
yes you are screwed for life and will rely on centrelink benefits 4eva because u only got 89.95 instead of 90 in your hsc

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Honestly, do you think your screwed for life?

yurikwon

HSC
@Karvya - thanks ! your advice is great :)

@meilz92 - 89.95ATAR? did i ever say that? If anything, i'd be happy to get into the course i want.

@harrisony - okay i don't think i'd be "screwed for life", but tell me this - how would you feel, living for the rest of your life with the guilt of disappointing your parents, because you didn't make it into university ? I'm not saying that they're going to disown me or anything like that and don't tell me that "they'll be proud of you if you become successful" or some bs. I just don't want to have people asking me OR my parents what my atar was or what university i got into... and then have them face the awkward moment when they say " my child didn't get into university" i'm not saying that if i go to tafe i wouldn't have a great future or a good job - it's just it seems alot less likely for people to hire you knowing that you didn't make it into uni.

K4M1N3

HSC
....hmm so much love in this thread.

@OP WOAH......first off you should NEVER EVER be guilty due to parents expectation. This is your life, and mind you i understand parental pressure. If you are trying to get into university for your parents sake, you will never succeed, or be truly happy. YOU have to want it! So stop, and ask yourself: What do I want out of this?

Last edited:

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
okay look. if you dont get the atar you need: no big deal. just enrol in a course with a lower atar, eg. b arts or something like that, do well in it and transfer in year 2

^ one of the many ways to get into uni if you dont get the required atar for your course

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
ummm hsc isn't the only way into the uni course you want
Yeah, but to the OP - they are a waste of time especially when you can just go straight from high school to uni into the course you want.

The OP is not going to be screwed for life, but rather - the academic life they'll want after high school will be unnecessarily delayed for a few years.

@meilz92 - 89.95ATAR? did i ever say that? If anything, i'd be happy to get into the course i want.

@harrisony - okay i don't think i'd be "screwed for life", but tell me this - how would you feel, living for the rest of your life with the guilt of disappointing your parents, because you didn't make it into university ? I'm not saying that they're going to disown me or anything like that and don't tell me that "they'll be proud of you if you become successful" or some bs. I just don't want to have people asking me OR my parents what my atar was or what university i got into... and then have them face the awkward moment when they say " my child didn't get into university" i'm not saying that if i go to tafe i wouldn't have a great future or a good job - it's just it seems alot less likely for people to hire you knowing that you didn't make it into uni.
1. The course you want which is...? (curious)
2. Then that should light a fire in you to start doing well in your studies. Don't resign and go "ohh okay, i'm going to feel sad and all melancholy now" - the good response is to take this and start working RIGHT NOW.

You keep saying about how sad it'll be and how embarrassing it'll be for you to not be a uni student and how your parents will have to suffer through awkward moments as will you. This is your HSC, this is your life - so you start working.

In the end, we don't care what your ATAR is - no one does, really - it is just a means to an end which is a university course. If you want to get into university, you start working right now for your own sake.

Last edited:

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
HSC can't screw you for life...even if you get a really shit ATAR. Like 70 or something.
Guy in my year was diagnosed with cancer a couple of weeks back. Be thankful for what you have and study. If you cbf, that's okay...you're still not screwed for life. You'll just have to take the endurance route to your desired course instead of the short sprint that is the HSC. Think of the less fortunate and you'll realise you're NOT actually screwed for life :D
Fvcking First World problems...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)