• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Screwed for Umat, plz help!! (1 Viewer)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Marinababy said:
Woozy - missed entry stooge - read my posts hes very alive and well - i was at his sydney clinic - hes too gutsy and i dont reckon a summons to shut him up will do any good - he ahtes people ripping off students and it says on his website that he has won all 7 motions - interesting - he posted this and i have checked one source - surprise surprise - this is checkable so i guess we wait for results hey - http://www.medical-entrance.edu.au/studentalert.jsp
if i am wrong you get an apology so we wait

M
You have no right to make false accusations.
He has not made court appearances and that is a fact in his bankruptcy case.
This is the law and not some conspiracy against Dallas, Marinababy.
He has won his motions against Medentry, but these are simply motions and the court decision has not been finally decided yet.

Marinababy

HSC
N/A
Smack on the money boris - wooz is a plant who seems to interested in irrelevant stuff for what reason ? - he is ranting about underground? where does this rot come from - i got telephone and email support last night as did many i am sure - woozy rantys about bankrupt as if thsi has anything to do with teaching ability or getting soemone into a colurse - its a dodge and i have read the somel files

M
boris said:
Suspicion confirmed.

boris

Banned
HSC
Marinababy said:
Smack on the money boris - wooz is a plant who seems to interested in irrelevant stuff for what reason ? - he is ranting about underground? where does this rot come from - i got telephone and email support last night as did many i am sure - woozy rantys about bankrupt as if thsi has anything to do with teaching ability or getting soemone into a colurse - its a dodge and i have read the somel files

M
What?
Dude, you're so thick. My suspicions about you being a fraud was confirmed, not Wooz.

why-do-you-use-so-many-of-these-to-break-up-sentences-whats-wrong-with-full-stops-etc?

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
boris said:
What?
Dude, you're so thick. My suspicions about you being a fraud was confirmed, not Wooz.

why-do-you-use-so-many-of-these-to-break-up-sentences-whats-wrong-with-full-stops-etc?
Marinababy is attempting to link together her stupidity, can't you see?

let's all be like Marinababy... I-am-te-best-in-the-west-john-on-my-sandwich- ololzLOLOOLolOLolzolOLZolzolZolz

Last edited by a moderator:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Marinababy said:

M
Marina i have warned you multiple times, about your accusations, portrayal of Medentry which constitutes defamation and the commerical like promotion of Icarus.

You will be banned temporarily.

Chimpdaddy

HSC
Hey guys,
How are you going. I noticed this site, after googling up dallas gibson to warn you guys.

Firstly, let me tell you that I'm currently attending Adelaide University as a first year medical student. It is awesome, heaps of study, but totally awesome.
Anyways, I graduated year 12 in 2006. That year I had failed to get into UMAT. Why? Two words: Dallas Gibson. The man is a charlatan. I was embarrased by how absolute s*** his course was.
Firstly, by my recollection of his course, he makes you do pointless drills for section 1. This was the whole 'read 400 words in a minute' and then write as many points as you can think of. This was a stupid excersise. I cringe, as I think all the wasted time I spent.
His section 2 was very poor and not even remotely close the actual UMAT.
His section 3 - probably his only plus! This is not bad...not great...but not bad.
His two day course. Absolute crap. He spent most of the time on the interview, and we had not even passed the UMAT!

So in 2006, I thought I was ready for the UMAT. I did those drills, did all his prac exams and was ready to face the UMAT. However, none of his techniques worked. It dawned on me that his course was absolute bs, and this was reflected in my marks. Percentiles as follows: 0-20, 40, and 83.
When I got my results, I was p***ed off. I had not only wasted my time, but my money, and I had to wait a whole year before I could reapply.

Roll on 2007, and I decided that it was time to try MedEntry. What can I say about the course? It works. I got a good UMAT score, and a got into med.
Their focus was more on questions, and active thinking as opposed to stupid drills. I'll tell you how good section 1 was. Some of the question in the UMAT exam, were the same as those in the prep course (at least 5 from memory). And the rest were similar. Furthermore, many of my medical school friends also did prep courses, and many did MedEntry.

Basically, I'm not trying to promote MedEntry. But I'm trying to keep people away from Icarus. DO ANY OTHER COURSE! NIE, F2F (i heard this is good aswell), or simply self learn. Anything. Don't waste your time, or your money on Dallas. If I could go back and keep my parents from wasting their money, I would.

For those doing his course, I feel sorry for you. I don't think he offers refunds. My best advice, forget about doing his drills. They are a waste of time. You cannot use any of those techniques. You are better off at looking at some past UMAT questions, and trying to do them.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions.
Chimpdaddy.

doink

Clone
HSC
Lol the owners of Med Entry have stooped to Dallas' level, dude stfu please u are just as bad as Dallas.

It's quite funny kind of like the Capulets and Montagues.

Icarus: Do you bite your thumb at us? sir?
Med Entry: I do bite my thumb, sir.
Icarus: Do you bite your thumb at us? sir
Med Entry: No sir, I do not bite my thumb at you, sir, but I bite my thumb, sir.

Chimpdaddy

HSC
doink said:
Lol the owners of Med Entry have stooped to Dallas' level, dude stfu please u are just as bad as Dallas.

It's quite funny kind of like the Capulets and Montagues.

Icarus: Do you bite your thumb at us? sir?
Med Entry: I do bite my thumb, sir.
Icarus: Do you bite your thumb at us? sir
Med Entry: No sir, I do not bite my thumb at you, sir, but I bite my thumb, sir.
Dude, being a person who has done both courses, failed once, taking a year off to work, and then getting in, I think I know a little bit about the prep courses.
I understand, that I may come off as trying to promote MedEntry, but that is what worked for me, I guess it might not be the same for everyone.
I can honestly say, that Dallas' is way worse than MedEntry. The man is quite simply a charlatan. I did MedEntry, and some of the questions in the prep course were the exact same in the actual UMAT. That is why I'm promoting it. They know what they is being asked.

doink

Clone
HSC
You seem pretty defensive for someone who is getting no monetary profit from your warnings... oh wait.

Chimpdaddy

HSC
doink said:
You seem pretty defensive for someone who is getting no monetary profit from your warnings... oh wait.
Ok, how can I prove that I gain nothing from promoting the MedEntry course? It worked for me, it might not work for you.

What I would like to point out is that Dallas' course is crap. That is my main point.

I don't know about any of the other courses. They might be great. So, please go ahead and try them out. Or I would suggest doing no prep courses at all. Just avoid Dallas and his Icarus program. It is a load of BS.

zoci

HSC
hey i can see this thread is going a bit of topic at times (hehe entertaining to read though). I was going to sit for the UMAT this year and so have been preparing for it for the past 2 years (don't ask why) but i did the Dalas and the MedEntry courses and can tell you PERSONALLY the MedEntry one was by far more helpful. however, if you have already payed, as you had stated in your entry, don't worry about it. at the end of the day if you arn't putting the time and effort into going over practice questions (i hope you ordered the books) and practicing doing the exam in the alocated time and even more importantly practicing your reading, it wont make a big difference which course you did. i guess you need to be determined and just dont stress.

Good luck to you and hope you get in:read::read::read::read::read::read:study study study

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
these courses provide nothing but a useless collection of irrelevant questions
ya'been warned
mum & dad take notes because obviously your sons & daughters are far too stupid to recognise they're being ripped off
I learnt the hard way like many others on this forum

listen, the only positive thing about medentry is that they reply to your questions
Dallas though, well, there's nothing positive about this man, or his life for that fact; except maybe the idea of him facing prison for misleading Australian students

On a serious note, I do believe you can do well in the UMAT without these prep courses. Most of the course content can be found via the web, at no charge. The questions will not be identical but the similarity is uncanny.
Peace friends,

cbf

Last edited by a moderator:

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
squishball said:
I enrolled into the Icarus (Dallas) course which cost me $800 (2 year course), but that was BEFORE I read how shitee he is!

I feel so ripped off now and I duno what to do. Are there any previous people who did Icarus college before? Please help, I feel so dumb. I don't think I can get a refund. T__T

Any advice?
But you're in Year 11...it's not possible to sit for the UMAT yet?...

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Razizi said:
But you're in Year 11...it's not possible to sit for the UMAT yet?...
Alot of year 11's are now doing prep courses.

Also you can sit it but if you get caught ur screwed!

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
especially cos health professions ur suppose to be honest and have integrity...

so it would be interesting if u got caught..

squishball

HSC
Future-Med-GP said:
I hope the OP does get caught :D.
you also sent me a pm going:

I'm calling ACER as you're sitting the UMAT this year. Your details have been recorded and you'll most likely be banned sitting for the UMAT, as medical courses require honesty plus only Year 12 students and above are allowed to sit for the UMAT.

well, how did u get my details in the first place anyway?

Also, where does it say anywhere in my post that I am doing the UMAT this year?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)