screwed up chem trial… (1 Viewer)

krispykangaroo469

HSC
so i was counting on my chem trial to be amazing to pull my rank up and make up for all the stupid mistakes that pulled me down in the last couple of assessments… but i’ve realised i screwed up a pretty easy six marker so i’m already down at least four or five marks 🤠

now i can’t stop dwelling on it even tho i’m still in the middle of trials and should be grinding… someone pls snap me out of it 🙏🙏

carrotsss

HSC
Let’s do some maths:

- You’ve ‘screwed up’ 5% of your chemistry trial
- Chemistry is presumably worth 30% of your internal mark, so that 5% is 1.5% of your internal mark
- Half of your chemistry hsc mark is the actual HSC exam, so that’s down to 0.75% - and that’s assuming that the mark losses in internals will be 1:1 with the mark losses in moderated marks, which they won’t, the aligned marks are much tighter in the exam than the raw marks of internals.
- Chemistry is only two units of your HSC out of 10 which will count, so it’s effectively a fifth. That means it’s less than 0.15% of your HSC.

For contrast, assuming you have 4 units worth of exams left, they are worth 6% of your HSC, that’s forty times the marks you lost. You can easily make up for this (and more!), you got this :)

maryjane05

HSC
so i was counting on my chem trial to be amazing to pull my rank up and make up for all the stupid mistakes that pulled me down in the last couple of assessments… but i’ve realised i screwed up a pretty easy six marker so i’m already down at least four or five marks 🤠

now i can’t stop dwelling on it even tho i’m still in the middle of trials and should be grinding… someone pls snap me out of it 🙏🙏
We all make mistakes, the best students have all messed up an exam or two. Its best not to think about it.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC

I tell this to everyone I know who feels crap after an exam:

For mx1 last year (accel) I got a 48% in my internals AT2. Even though this assignment counted for less than what trials does (20% vs 30%), it still felt absolutely shit and I considered dropping. HOWEVER, I did not, and in the end still managed to get a 90 in my internals (after whatever voodoo nesa do with the scaling/adjustment/idek) and then a band 6 overall with the hsc external. BASICALLY...... what I'm saying is that the few marks you stress over after the exam isn't actually worth stressing about - you will be fine - you will get the mark you deserve - mistakes happen and sometimes we have a shitty test - but you can still do this!!

don't lost hope for the rest of trials, and make sure to just get on top of those rogue marks for hsc <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)