screwed up first two assessments for most subjects (1 Viewer)

mincedpork

HSC
hey guys, i need a UAI around the 80s and so far i averaged 60s in my first assessments for all subjects (screwed up big time)... is there still any hope or would it have affected my uai considerably?? thanks heaps

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Ranks.

Other than that, how much have the assessments been worth? It's still likely that you have at least 50% of course assessments left to make up the marks and ranks, and you should be fine if you work hard in those ones and get the good marks in them.

tennille

HSC
It is your ranks that are most important.

Usually the first two assessments aren't worth a huge percentage of your final HSC result, so you definitely have a chance achieving a UAI over 80. Just make sure you improve before it gets to your trials, especially in your rank. :)

Last edited:

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Is anyone as sick of these threads as the mods are of my spamming?

mincedpork

HSC
lets just say my ranks after all the assessments are done (including trials) are like bottom half... and my school is just above the top 100... how does that work??

KirrynAlane

HSC
only ur HSC mark goes towards ur UAI. the uni's dnt even look at ur assessment mark.

at least, thats what ive been told by numerous teachers, etc.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
KirrynAlane said:
only ur HSC mark goes towards ur UAI. the uni's dnt even look at ur assessment mark.

at least, thats what ive been told by numerous teachers, etc.
what? who told you that? The uai is made up of 50% internal assessment and 50% external assessment.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
magpam said:
uai is a rank. hsc is made up off 50% internal 50% external.
......... it's gonna take a while for that to sink in......

my brain's tired.

KirrynAlane

HSC
bahaha im so confused lol. oh well. whatever. im not aiming for a UAI in particular, so ima give up trying to understand where the actual mark will come from :S

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
noir. said:
Not the marks from your internal assessments.
The internal assessment mark for the HSC is in accordance to your rank. the other 50 is comprised of the mark you obtain.
lol. i had to read that five times for it to register in my foggy brain.

but, but, but..... what if we have average rankings but we go to a 'better' school.

SoulSearcher

HSC
ssejamafone said:
lol. i had to read that five times for it to register in my foggy brain.

but, but, but..... what if we have average rankings but we go to a 'better' school.
Hehe, I suggest you guys all read up on moderation sometime after the trials or whenever you want to :)

Basically moderation is a system to ensure that your internal assessment marks are in accordance with the performances you put in at the time of the HSC examinations, to remove inequality and inequity between the marking differences of the schools in the state and the performances in the HSC exams. With that kind of situation, with a better performing cohort at your school, then average ranks won't matter too much, as the higher performances of your cohort should be able to make up for the shortfall in the ranks. I really do suggest you read that thread I linked earlier though :)

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
SoulSearcher said:
Hehe, I suggest you guy s all read up on moderation sometime after the trials or whenever you want to :)

Basically moderation is a system to ensure that your internal assessment marks are in accordance with the performances you put in at the time of the HSC examinations, to remove inequality and inequity between the marking differences of the schools in the state and the performances in the HSC exams. With that kind of situation, with a better performing cohort at your school, then average ranks won't matter too much, as the higher performances of your cohort should be able to make up for the shortfall in the ranks. I really do suggest you read that thread I linked earlier though :)
nahhh... i'd rather just bug smart people like you. :D . But, thanks for that. It was very illuminating. :)

and, just so you know, i have favourited that 'moderation' page, and will go about reading it sometime in the near future. =)

SoulSearcher

HSC
ssejamafone said:
nahhh... i'd rather just bug smart people like you. :D . But, thanks for that. It was very illuminating. :)

and, just so you know, i have favourited that 'moderation' page, and will go about reading it sometime in the near future. =)
Me, smart? Aww :shy:

You're welcome, it's a good thread if you want to know the processes and the reasons for moderation :)

mincedpork

HSC
so does that mean eventhough ur ranks are pretty bad ( bottom half for every subject) but say u get band 5s for all subjects in the HSC.. what does this have to do with rank? sorry guys im really lost

HSCsimulator

HSC
on topic: no you are not screwed if you "screwed up first two assessments for most subjects"

mincedpork

HSC
just assuming the following ranks in a school ranked just outside of the top 100

eng adv - 80/120
eng ext - 40/50
maths - 55/80
maths ext 1 - 48/50 (lol)
physics - 25/52
economics - 60/80
IPT - 5/18

how does the rankings play a role in the UAI? also, when getting ur results in ur hsc such as 'band 5 for physics', does it take into account your internals or is it just external??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)