Screwed up my life (1 Viewer)

Ineluctable

HSC
I have gotten 40-50% for these half yearlies
my ranks are all in the middle
and i go to a school ranked in the 140-150is

possible for 90 atar if i turn the tables around?

don't even see the purpose of my life anymore sigh

honest realistic answers only

Horrific2310

HSC
Yes, I would think so.
As long as you are middle ranked and not near the end, it is always possible to pull up from middle to top if you put in a considerable amount of effort.
Good luck!

enoilgam

HSC
Well, it depends on your rankings. Right now, you should have around 70% of assessments left to complete - so from a maths standpoint it is possible. But realistically, if you have failed your half yearlies, it's unlikely that you will all of a sudden stage a turnaround and produce marks and rankings which translate to a 90. Whilst such a comeback is definitely possible in terms of the maths, they are pretty rare because it takes real dedication to achieve, since you are behind already and need to do really well to catch up.

I'm not trying to be negative here, I'm just being realistic.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I have gotten 40-50% for these half yearlies
my ranks are all in the middle
and i go to a school ranked in the 140-150is

possible for 90 atar if i turn the tables around?

don't even see the purpose of my life anymore sigh

honest realistic answers only
There is still a possibility that you can turn it around, but you need to turn your attitude around. If you keep thinking so negatively, of course you won't do good.

Think more positively and work harder. Most importantly talk to a counselor if you feel that way about life.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Why do you need 90? Even if you don't get 90+ (which is still very possible) there are plenty of ways to get into the course you want to do.

jnney

lemon
HSC
-What subjects do you take?
-How many people take each subject that you do?
-What was the weighting of each exam?
-How many other assessments relating the other subjects have you had, what were their weightings, and how did you do in those exams/assignments?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
What subjects, what ranks?

Mathematically it's *possible* to get a 90, but if you have failed half yearlies, it is unlikely to have a turn around to translate to a 90+, but you can drastically improve your marks.

I think it is a terrible indictment on the education system if one feels they have 'screwed up their life' due to not doing well on their half yearlies. It isn't about an arbitrary number, it's about learning skills to prepare you to pursue what you want to in life. I can think of many examples of 'low ATARs' getting into what they want and being very happy in lif, my brother is a key example. But seriously, noone can ever screw up their life, because there's always chances for growth and change within you, nothing is static in life.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh wow, I am in the exact same situation as you.

We'll get through it. :awesome:
You will get through, just stay positive , work hard and don't get into that negative "I can't do it" mindset.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
The secret is working hard, never giving up and always aiming towards something not just marks. It continually keeps you motivated. You might have to do all nighters more often.

enoilgam

HSC
I think it is a terrible indictment on the education system if one feels they have 'screwed up their life' due to not doing well on their half yearlies.
Couldnt agree more - the hype machine surrounding the HSC is really quite disturbing.

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
I think it's quite possible to turn it around, provided you work.

If not, the HSC is not the end of the world. You don't have to go get the best ATAR to get into to the best university in Australia to get the best job.

It's all about you.

If you're really worried, there's nothing wrong with tafe-ing that shit up next year to get to where you want to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)