screwed? (1 Viewer)

azz369963

SR3BRL
HSC
ok i am in desperate need of help.
i do advanced english and i have prepared essays for alll modules and AOS, but i CANNOT for the life of me write a good peice of creative writing for P1, S2. i have done 3 so far this year and my teacher just tells me its too weak, and i should do another.

any help on topics, or any help in general at all would be of great appreciation.
cheers

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
Well there are three journey's right, Imaginative, Inner and Physical.

For creative writing, Imaginative is the weakest, with Inner and Physical being the stronger two. I personally find Inner easy to write about, can use themes such as alcoholism, adoption, overcoming a kind of fear or whatever.
So long as you use good characterisation and manipulate language well while showing you understand the concept of Journey's you should be fine!

Jonny90

HSC
Just F*ck the exam but if u insist here it is:

What i did to find a creative idea.
1) Hit my pen off the table.
2) Told supervisor to pick up the pen.
3) look down her shirt.
4) Head was full with ideas on wat i was going to do to her.
5) Congratulations u passed!!!!!!!

jwod

HSC
write about an acid trip for creative story its fucken simple

dsruptdSPuNKRaT

HSC
what kind of journey are you studying? if you're doing inner (like me) then try to avoid victim stories. it leaves it too open to fuck it up. in say that though, i'm having trouble with my creative writing too. i'll probably end up writing something that's better suited to a kids picture book...

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
I studied imaginative journeys but my creative writing piece is an inner journey - i find inner journeys easy to write about, all that emotional crap. :D

dsruptdSPuNKRaT

HSC
tanjin said:
I studied imaginative journeys but my creative writing piece is an inner journey - i find inner journeys easy to write about, all that emotional crap. :D
at my school we got lectured about sticking to the same kinda journey in the creative writing as we studied in the other bit. apparently it shows that you know what you're doing and gives you a better sense of appreciation for your chosen journey and it's characteristics / globals.

kirstenetsrik

HSC
im screwed for AOS too!!!

the picture book i intend to use is on loan and now i dont have a related text!
does anyone know any related texts for imaginative journeys?

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
dsruptdSPuNKRaT said:
at my school we got lectured about sticking to the same kinda journey in the creative writing as we studied in the other bit. apparently it shows that you know what you're doing and gives you a better sense of appreciation for your chosen journey and it's characteristics / globals.
So your school told you to stick to the journey you studied for the creative writing section? LOL. My school said do whatever feels comfortable. Each section gets marked individually from my knowledge so they wont really know what you studied in school.

Im still doing inner - - too late to change now. :)

dsruptdSPuNKRaT

HSC
yeah, i guess they thought it'd be easier if we only had to really focus on one journey type. or something. gah who knows...

minminmin

HSC
kirstenetsrik said:

i have SO many related texts and it is really hard to only chose 2 cos i love them all! anyway...

- Donnie Darko
- Fight Club (the book OR the movie, or you can use them both my teacher said. The book is so awesome, as is the movie)
-The Rage in Placid Lake
- Alice in Wonderland (really you can use any version of this)
- Wizard of Oz
- Labrynth (can't spell it - sorry lol. one of my friends is doing this...i haven't seen it)
- Big Fish (haven't seen this one...i just heard at school that it was a really good text)
- Life Aquatic

there are numerous threads on this site saying millions of related texts on this site...i'm sure you'll find something really good :D

Good luck

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
kirstenetsrik said:

Find related texts that will relate to your AOS + Stimulus texts. :)

As minminmin, there are many threads on BOS that lists self selected texts for AOS.

azz369963

SR3BRL
HSC
im doing physical journeys which i thought would be easy as, oh how wrong i was.
i have one story prepared that i can fall back on, but its pretty weak unless i get a question that is somewhat like this: 'write about ANY journey'
so yeah.

but thats for the proper responses, none of that 'johnny 90' shit.

keep the good help coming please
lol cheers

sabena

HSC
Jonny90 said:
Just F*ck the exam but if u insist here it is:

What i did to find a creative idea.
1) Hit my pen off the table.
2) Told supervisor to pick up the pen.
3) look down her shirt.
4) Head was full with ideas on wat i was going to do to her.
5) Congratulations u passed!!!!!!!

hahaha, good one. 100% mark getter

Äj

HSC
do combo of physical and inner. it goes together really nicely if you do it right. Usually something about overcoming a physical obsticle which represents an emotional or mental one.
it always helps if you have some idea of what you will base it on when you walk in to the exam, (unless your me, in which case you somehow manage to wing it all the time)
for practice, just think of stuff that would be cool to write about and put down afew notes, and then expand on the ideas you like as more come to you.

..or you can do what i did for the trials and sit there crapping yourself for 5 mins thinking about what to right and then have a 6 stanza poem on ware just come out of your head and onto the paper in the space of 20min which scores you as much as people who wrote 3 page stories..win that!
lol

jessikayo

HSC
hi
any help would be much appreciated.
i have to write an imaginary journey/creative story and im totally screwed. My stories are weak and have no meaning.
any help
or past imaginative journey stories that people could post would be much appreciated.
thanks

jessikayo

HSC
gee whiz. sorry about putting that in the EE2 forum. BUT if any one could help.

how does imaginative journeys give rise to emotional and intellectual ones as well ?
using 2 of coleridges poems.
& how have the texts you have studied effectively shaped your understanding of journeys?

bao28

HSC
daijoubu desu

mondai ja arimasen

cuz i failed all my short stories since year 7, lol, even if i spent my time to write somehing up for the exams, i fail, miserably... cuz i actually felt like maybe i did something good for once, but when i get the exam back and read my story, i think to myself, "what the fuck was i thinking at the time?" lol

so its all good, ur not the only one

shazran

HSC
minminmin said:
i have SO many related texts and it is really hard to only chose 2 cos i love them all! anyway...

- Donnie Darko
- Fight Club (the book OR the movie, or you can use them both my teacher said. The book is so awesome, as is the movie)
-The Rage in Placid Lake
- Alice in Wonderland (really you can use any version of this)
- Wizard of Oz
- Labrynth (can't spell it - sorry lol. one of my friends is doing this...i haven't seen it)
- Big Fish (haven't seen this one...i just heard at school that it was a really good text)
- Life Aquatic

there are numerous threads on this site saying millions of related texts on this site...i'm sure you'll find something really good :D

Good luck

fight club is really easy to do ... plus its an awsome movie as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)