• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Screwed (1 Viewer)

autumn-angel

HSC
Hey guys I just wanted to know whether i can do english advanced next year I got around 60% in my half yearlies (biggest screwer) but around 79% overall. I'm thinking of applying for another school so they are going to be checking my half-yearly mark and then decide whether I can get admission and do the subjects I want over there.

Also, I wanted to know whether I can do 3 unit Maths with an average of 92% Advanced level Year 10.

As for the rest, I'm deciding to do Physics, Chemistry and Biology...

So what do you think???

Shoubadoo

HSC
60% is not that bad- this is only year 10, you can make masses of improvement between now up to hsc.
I think you can do 3unit maths with that average, yes sure!

Yeah go for all those subjects! Choose carefully, so that if you are majorly disliking a subject you have enough units to drop it. I really don't know if that made sense.
Good luck with new schools and all.

Shoubadoo

HSC
JFK said:
Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life.
Wise words, wise words.

Failure is not falling down, it is not getting back up again.
Go corny inspirationals.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
But do well, nonetheless, some schools have 'cutoffs' on who can do which subjects.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
But do well, nonetheless, some schools have 'cutoffs' on who can do which subjects.
Agreed. My school formed cut-offs for each subject. For example, the English class placement was determined by SC result.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
jellybelly59 said:
LOL NO WAY!!! hahaha SC english is so much easier then senior english... how could schools do that?[/quote]

But they did. ;)

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
lol why dont you go talk to your english teacher about what she reccommends?

everyone screws up every now and again

toby12

HSC
If you do choose, Advanced Eng. 3 Unit Maths, Chem, Bio & Phys. Beware that's a very heavy workload, and may be tough if you arn't extremely confident with some of the subjects.

autumn-angel

HSC
Yeah, well i just got my science results also, not looking very good.
I do not know why i was so good but now its all different for one reason or another.

The only thing that got me to pass was the physics part i freaking hate chemistry and biology sux... its just my parents telling me to choose them next year. I'm good at commerce though i just pay attention and thats about it.

I HATE memorising sooo much...

By the way, how do you study for science???

I dont really have a studying pattern. Exams come and go... Marks rise and fall... lalala. And my school is also pissing me off they take SC as if this is it!!

Also, I wanted to know whether burning out in year 10 will affect your HSC results, as in would it lower your endurance beacuse your too sick and tired of studying.

There's this girl in my class full stressing and getting late 90s to 100s, and I'm like thinking bloody idiot your gonna burn out!. I mean I can compete her and do much better than her, that is, IF I WANT TO but i'd rather think about that she is the loser in the long run. I've been hearing this advice a number of time from past students as well...

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
autumn-angel said:
The only thing that got me to pass was the physics part i freaking hate chemistry and biology sux... its just my parents telling me to choose them next year. I'm good at commerce though i just pay attention and thats about it.
Also, I wanted to know whether burning out in year 10 will affect your HSC results, as in would it lower your endurance beacuse your too sick and tired of studying.

There's this girl in my class full stressing and getting late 90s to 100s, and I'm like thinking bloody idiot your gonna burn out!. I mean I can compete her and do much better than her, that is, IF I WANT TO but i'd rather think about that she is the loser in the long run. I've been hearing this advice a number of time from past students as well...
Wow... breathe girl. Its seriously not all as stressful as your making it. Have a look online at past SC papers and you will see how incredibly EASY it is.

The science papers arent as content based as you think, they are very much skills and applying your knowledge.

Burning out in year 10 is stupid because its completely avoidable. Burning out in year 10 will not affect your HSC results, not even your year 11 marks effect your HSC.

Forget about the other girl. She is only doing damage to herself. She really isnt losing anything, but the stress isnt needed either. You could easily bludge through year 10 and still do okay. Put your effort into doing well next year and year 12, that is where it matters.

autumn-angel

HSC
Yeah exactly lol
its just that im getting pissed coz teachers are beginning to think im dumber

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
autumn-angel said:
Yeah exactly lol
its just that im getting pissed coz teachers are beginning to think im dumber
Are your marks getting worse? or are you dropping in the class in comparison? If not who cares.
My history/geo teacher gives me a C for everything even if my english teacher would grade it as an A.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
ROFL... i was thinkin i was going to see a completely different photo then :p

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
hey, do any HSC students who get crap uais regret not studying in Year 10?

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
toby12 said:
If you do choose, Advanced Eng. 3 Unit Maths, Chem, Bio & Phys. Beware that's a very heavy workload, and may be tough if you arn't extremely confident with some of the subjects.
Backed up by a person who does all those subjects including Economics :).

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
nerdsforever said:
hey, do any HSC students who get crap uais regret not studying in Year 10?
Rarely. Because Year 10 may not have direct influence over HSC (except subject choice matter).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)