Scriptwriters (1 Viewer)

taxman

make poverty
HSC
How's everybody going with their scripts? I've found it hard to get motivated to do anything in one big sitting, but I've gotten my characters and storyline all worked out...all I need to do know is actually start it. I'm really enjoying mine as the play is a whole lot of fun, which makes the writing process shit easy and fun.

What stage is everybody at with their scripts?

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
i have about 1/3 to 1/2 done, though i do agree, it is hard to get motivated, but once i do, i just keep going and going...lol

i too am enjoying mine, mines a tragedy based on the Babylonian myth Pyramus and Thisbe...

lexkatz

HSC
Motivation is dead in me now.
When i first started i was like...wo woo, then it went to...woo and now it's like eh, i give up!

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
lexkatz said:
Motivation is dead in me now.
When i first started i was like...wo woo, then it went to...woo and now it's like eh, i give up!
lol that was a really well done post, maybe because thats how alot of us feel :D

bright_angell

Help!

Hey ppl! I just wanted to ask about teachers and the role they should be playing- see im doing an absurdist script and because (in my teachers opinion) its "not engaging enough for an audience, though true to the absurdist style"- ive basically had to scrap the idea even though it motivated me heaps in what i wanted to say....should i listen to my teacher who sees my script as more classic absurdist (and i agree it is) though im not sure if the "audience engagment" factor is something i should greatly take into consideration- i want to make a point and do it theatrically....onstage is no priority.

ps. i feel really bad for just leaving that unfinished script behind-the new idea is ok though im not sure is i can pull it off as much as i can the last one.

whartonag

HSC
Script

Heya. I've done my openign five pages, but I'm expected to have a first draft in three days. My moticvation isn't dead (yet), but nothing's happening in mine and I really need to develop some confict urgently...but how?

bright_angell

Help!

Hey ppl! I just wanted to ask about teachers and the role they should be playing- see im doing an absurdist script and because (in my teachers opinion) its "not engaging enough for an audience, though true to the absurdist style"- ive basically had to scrap the idea even though it motivated me heaps in what i wanted to say....should i listen to my teacher who sees my script as more classic absurdist (and i agree it is) though im not sure if the "audience engagment" factor is something i should greatly take into consideration- i want to make a point and do it theatrically....onstage is no priority.

ps. i feel really bad for just leaving that unfinished script behind-the new idea is ok though im not sure is i can pull it off as much as i can the last one.

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Shit, that's a tough one. I think you should write whatever you believe will get you the higher marks, because, unfortunately...the HSC is about your end mark, not about how much you enjoyed the course.

I haven't read the scriptwriting syllabus, but your script should only be engaging if the syllabus says in clear terms that it needs to be. I think your teacher is right in this case, but you are the one who has to write the script in the end.

Accept criticism, but be sure that in the end you are doing what YOU want to do.

bright_angell

Thanx

Thanx taxman for that advice and i think ur right- which is why ive started a new script- not saying its better than the last but the problem still remains, i agree with my teacher but find it hard to follow his advice at the same time.

I think its motivation that i need right now ad im waiting for it...lol

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
bright_angell said:

Do you want to send me the script?

I did it last year, so I can help.

FlibbertyJibbet

HSC
The problem with my script is that I've decided that the main character's voice is kind of non-existant meaning that she's basically mute. She's been through a tough time so to cope with it she simply stops talking. I guess she just finds thingseasier to deal with if she doesn't verbalise her emotions. I really need to stop ignoring my log book.

bright_angell

Yeah that'd be great.........just as soon as its done-or at least half there- i'd be really thankful at ur assistance............lookin at ur marks i reckon i'd be lucky 4 such wise persective- hehe-Congrats on that by the way!!! Holidays must take on a whole new meaning now aye... :p

FlibbertyJibbet

HSC
Do you think that having to actors playing the same character will confuse the audience. What I want to do is have to Becky's 1 real, 1 dream sequence. My script doesn't make much sense but I think it'll work, or at least I hope it will. I need to get it finished, up to about pg 5 now so I'm at least 1/4 there

jellybean99

HSC
Films

undefinedI I understand what ur saying about the one person two characters i have the same problem that i need to fix as well.... i think if u can make the dream sequence be known that it is a dream sequence you will be fine... thats what i am doing instead...

FlibbertyJibbet

HSC
Yeah I'm going to have Becky1 on a bed stage right with DreamBecky in sequence. When the dream turns to nightmare Becky1 will start tossing in her sleep. What do you think???

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Well i've hit a writer's block at the moment!!
Mine involves going back in time three 3 characters talking to the audience. (the 3 characters are showing the audience how a certian thing has happened that continues into the future)

I'm just stuck....oh hum...stuck stuck.......stucky-it-stuck!!!

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
i completely changed the plot of mine the other day, so i gotta start all over again...
oh well ill get there...

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
I'm doing a EngExt2 script this year and our forum's dead, so I'll flood this one.

Mine's going great. I had brainfreeze but then I drank 8 cans of coke and brainstormed for 3 hours; now I'm back on track...3rd draft.

FlibbertyJibbet

HSC
I've changed how the voice of my main character is represented so I'm thinking that I'll work on my new idea but also on my old one and see which one works best.

By the way Becky's voice was originally trough the fact that she only talked to one other character and now she'll narate the story with thoughts and memories.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)