SDD? Does any one feel this way? (1 Viewer)

Zian64

A kitty carrier on a plane headed to Winmalee
HSC
I agree that documentation is a proper part of software projects, but the current sylibus takes things way to far considering that in a major project, documentation is worth more than the code is. And another thing i have against the SDD sylabus is that there is a lot of completly un-neccessary theory eg. Ergonomics has got nothing to do with software. Plus the sylabus doesnt teach us any real proggraming code at all. Bogan subject with no REAL teachers which needs a major overhaul to be allowwed to continue as a course. Y10 DO NOT TAKE SOFTWARE!!!!

$a®e

HSC
i hate sdd..worst decision of my life to of chosen it....our teacher only taught us basic coding shit start of yr 11...which i wasnt there for....and none since...everyone feels its bullshit...and all u can do in the class is sleep or listen to the teacher reading the text book to you..

some class *yeah sure*

Ghost1788

HSC
I think Sdd should be renamed to Engineering cause the processes you go through in sdd are the same processes that engineers in the real world follow, my dad is an engineer and as he was following up on my progress for my major he was telling me that he has to go through the same processes, but on a larger scale of course....btw hes a telecommunications engineer

aaaman

Banned
HSC
Ghost1788 said:
I think Sdd should be renamed to Engineering cause the processes you go through in sdd are the same processes that engineers in the real world follow, my dad is an engineer and as he was following up on my progress for my major he was telling me that he has to go through the same processes, but on a larger scale of course....btw hes a telecommunications engineer
oh good bcoz i like software, the coarse itself is short by far then subjects that require more depth such as legal studies

HSC
I never realised SDD is more engineering course, and I thought i was heaps heaps shit at anything engineering, doesnt seem so bad!

studynoob

HSC
N/A
thankfully im dropping sdd next year i am soooo crap at programming and get like 30-40% in the written exams!!! i chose it cos i though the sub was dodgy but meh!

aaaman

Banned
HSC
studynoob said:
thankfully im dropping sdd next year i am soooo crap at programming and get like 30-40% in the written exams!!! i chose it cos i though the sub was dodgy but meh!
lol dude the prelium course is 1000 tyms shitter than the HSc course n u dont need gr8 skills at programming, u earn them through out the course. i neva did anything until my hsc where i actually LIKED wat was in the course

kojosittinon20s

Zappnin
HSC
$a®e said:
i hate sdd..worst decision of my life to of chosen it....our teacher only taught us basic coding shit start of yr 11...which i wasnt there for....and none since...everyone feels its bullshit...and all u can do in the class is sleep or listen to the teacher reading the text book to you..

some class *yeah sure*
WOW, our teacher dosn't even read the text book. She makes us read it, and if the answer to a question isn't in the text book she dosn't know what it is

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
My teacher doesn't use the text book :| We were issued a Heinmann SDD Course book but she has never assigned us to complete any exercise/question from it. So now it's there underneath my bed somewhere gathering dust. We would usually be given printouts and photocopies from websites xor other textbook each lesson. Most of the time we just talk about completely irrelevant subjects in class like "the city to surf", "the lochness monster", "when will australia bump into asia". The funny thing is the teacher actually gets into the discussions and forgets completely about teaching.

Mumma

HSC
Our class works like this... 99.9% of the time, were coding or working on coding assignments. About 2 weeks before every test, we start cramming eveything we should be learning through out the year. haha. i like it this way, cause i get to bludge so much through out the year cause coding is just so easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)