SDD Half Yearlies (1 Viewer)

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Anyone done theirs yet?

Just recieved the results today, i wasnt impressed, 74/90 ~82%, and i thought it was a relatively easy assessment. Lost most of my marks by silly mistakes FFS:mad:

Im gonna scab a few marks :), our teacher marked to harshly, even he admitted it.

Rahul

Dead Member
had ours on thursday. we were in a room which was unsupervised for 80% of the time....it was so stopid.

and the test was prolly downloaded from the net by the teacher.
last yrs half yearly, i found the exact copy on teh net.

as for how i went....dunno....gotta wait for the marks

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Had ours on Friday....
Like Rahul our school used stuff of the net

In fact most of the multiple choice was from last years HSC..

Lucky I had a look at it the day before :)

Still waiting for my mark

MiKeY

HSC
Mine

I did mine yesterday.

It was kinda hard.
It basically was just writing algorithms to problems - I don't know why I bothered studying for it.. :/

Had to write algorithms for sorting an array with blank spaces, and swapping them over without losing the spacing and blah blah blah..

We'll see how I went... got 18/20 for multiple choice tho (he told me today :p)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
well i got mine on a thursday of the very start of the term.

And our Stupid teacher who knows nothing hasn't given us much info. i don't even know what chapters i have to learn. if any of you guys got the paper you did for this years sdd yr12 exam can u scan it and post it ?

i remember my tacher said ok ill give you past papers. then he tells us to go online and go to the bos website and download the paper. then when we go through the paper he tells us the multiple choice questions are wrong and that he is right.

come on. as if bos would get a question like that wrong :/

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Heh, incompetent teacher, I know all to well of those.

My teacher marked my test wrong, he even marked one of my mutliple choice answers wrong :mad: so i corrected him there, and also in a few other places :p, i rekon i could of taken some more marks, boy are sdd teachers stupid D:

icie

done it like end of term 1, and it was hard, probably because the teacher does not teach us anything except tell us to read the textbook and do the questions. We do not even get the chance to do programming in class.

Then in the test they ask us to write algorithms.

Uhuh. Without proper programming experience, we write algorithms.

I am finding this course very impractical. Where is the programming??

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
The majority of programming is your major project, we also did a html project worth 15% and our major project is worth 45%, so thats 60%, which i think is a major part of the SDD course.

The programming is self tought, well at least at our school.

Kn1ght_M4r3

Did Mine second last week of skool. Came first but wasn't to impressed with my mark. =0( lost mark for silly mistakes. :mad: well cant really do anything but learn from my mistakes. Well i think im gonna be like you soon icie. My sdd teacher is leaving now and they are replacing him wif a woodwork teacher which is sooo sh*t. I think i am gonna have to learn things on my own. I have had this teacher for history once and his pathetic. :argue: Well anyone got any ideas on how i can stay on top of the class with a real crap teacher wif no exp at ALL!??

icie

really, being top of the class/grade is not too hard, but currently, I am just floating...floating...

Just don't under-estimate your opponents, and do not under-estimate the course. I lost my 1st placing in the prelim course by 2 marks because I went into the final exam without studying at all. Really, SDD seems so easy, but then it is just as easy for everyone else, and so the need for more study.

It does not matter if your teacher is good or crap. It does not matter if your teacher teaches you theory, practical programming, or nothing. Study the textbook hard enough, do enough programming yourself, and do exercises, and your will naturally float to the top.

Then again...you need to have the motivation. I suspect that two of the teachers are placing bets on who will be top in the course... -_-

MiKeY

HSC
My mark

:confused:
My SDD teacher just emailed me with my Half Yearly mark.

How strange.......

This is what he said..

"Hi Michael,

Your SDD Half Yearly Result is 78%. Not Bad considering the paper was of a
high standard.
Alex scored 50%.

Have a nice 3 more days.

<His last name>"

78%... BLEH! Crappish mark, but I'm happy.
Have an average of 83% so far for the assessments.. :)

*wonders if he's being stalked by his SDD teacher*..
I wonder how he got my email... :/

*Note: Alex is the other guy in my class.. there are only 2 of us :)

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
I wouldnt worry if u got round 80%... thats quite good..
and u are coming first :)D out of two) but still....

I got 51/68 and our teachers reckon like 8 ppl got above 50 and der are about 40 kids doing it... so thats ok i guess.

again i made st00pid errors....

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
our test was simply stupid

he made one of the questions worth 30 marks! just one!

and there wasn't even an a) b)

just 1 single question. not little questions part of it :/

so gay

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner

he made one of the questions worth 30 marks! just one!

I reckon that should be illegal.... thats really unfiar...

wat if u didnt know that part of the question????

Lemme guess your teacher doesnt know much bout Software

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
i got 33/35
came first... supposed to tie for first with 32/35 but my teacher cant do maths XD

Jinglebell

HSC
we just got our tests back this week. i originally got 55% but our teacher said that it was a hard test and she fudged the marks around between questions so i ended up with 75%.

considering i didn't think i'd even pass, i was happy with the original, and the extra 20 marks were a bonus:)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
i had my half yearlies and i got 72% but the stupid teacher doesn't know sdd if her life depended on it, made me loose like 5 marks for one of the algorithm because it was not EXACTLY the same a the one in the answers of the exam (which was a past trial paper anyway).

ghosh i wish i had a better teacher who knows about sdd let alone know how to teach.

btw, around 2/3 of my class walked out after the first hour in our school. :D

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
i had my half yearlies and i got 72% but the stupid teacher doesn't know sdd if her life depended on it, made me loose like 5 marks for one of the algorithm because it was not EXACTLY the same a the one in the answers of the exam (which was a past trial paper anyway).

ghosh i wish i had a better teacher who knows about sdd let alone know how to teach.

btw, around 2/3 of my class walked out after the first hour in our school. :D
is it just me or is there a lack of actual "good" sdd teachers in nsw
i have never heard some1 say they have a good sdd teacher in my life...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
i think there is a lack of good teachers coz if someone had software design qualifications they would rather make money making software instead of teaching sdd.

if this is the case, they should train all the teachers and give each teacher the hsc exam to do (my teacher will surely fail).

gosh, the people who have teachers like sam davis are very lucky people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)