SDD "Last Minute" Questions (1 Viewer)

ZzJasonzZ

rainonmay said:
what would you essentially include in a data dictionary if they asked you to do one?
Variable Name | Data Type | How it is Validated (Validation) | Comment (Description) | Example

=JZ=

what project management techniques are there? (besides Gantt chart and logbook) Could you elaborate them too please.

chef_satan

As far is i understand.,. other project managment techniques include communication skills that allow for the project manager to clearly convey their message to the client and the development staff. this includes active listnening that allowes them to recieve messages.
They also need to be able to look into the skills of the team members and evenly spase out tasks between individuals so that work loads are equal and that a programmer with a particular skill is paired with the task that will best suit them,,
thats what i write about,, just sorta blab on about it and you should be right.

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
Identification of tasks ( needs and objectives)
gannt charts ( time management)
Logbooks
identification of subgoals
Allocation of resources (outsourcing)
identification of major milestones and stumbling blocks (?)
regular backup
response to difficulties
reugalr reporting
evalutaion
case tools
communication - regualr group meetings, discussions
Documetation (helps maintenance)
Choosing the approach to be used, RAD is quicker
also Developers Code of Conduct
Assigning roles
function libraries

and i cant be bothered elaborating, but u get the idea

=JZ=

Ah yes, thanks guys.
um,
response to difficulties
function libraries

In what way are these project management techniques?

also What is a control parameter? (like the black dot arrow in structured diagrams)what they mean by control?

sulls

For the various algorithms for searching and sorting do we actually need to know the algorithms themselves, or just the processes that occur? How likely is it that in a test we'd be asked to incorporate a more complex type of sort in an algorithm?

JayWalker

HSC
=JZ= said:
Ah yes, thanks guys.
um,
response to difficulties
function libraries

also What is a control parameter? (like the black dot arrow in structured diagrams)
A control parameter is used in stuctured diagrams. It is a parameter that is passed through the system that changes something, [As opposed to a normal parameter such as filling in the date at the top of a program]

I think thats right..

ZzJasonzZ

=JZ= said:
Ah yes, thanks guys.
um,
response to difficulties
function libraries

also What is a control parameter? (like the black dot arrow in structured diagrams)what they mean by control?
doing the things listed above will ensure that the project is completed on time and properly managed (except maybe the developers code of conduct)

a control parameter is a boolean variable usually used as a flag .. such as Found = true/false, Exit = Yes/no

ZzJasonzZ

sulls said:
For the various algorithms for searching and sorting do we actually need to know the algorithms themselves, or just the processes that occur? How likely is it that in a test we'd be asked to incorporate a more complex type of sort in an algorithm?
in previous years they have said.. use a sort/search.. my advice would be to learn the algorithm for a linear search and a bubble sort .. and learn the logic behind the other 3 kinds (insertion, selection, binary) .. this is unless they say search using the most effecient method but thats up to you whether you want to learn them

EDIT: you still have to learn how selection/insertion works because it is very likely that they will give you an array and say sort this using a certain sort

simonj2

hero
HSC
functions are essentially subprograms that accept parameters - they are often defined by the programming language (such as rounding) or can be created by programmers, there are functional languages which revolve purely around functions

a variable is.. um... "A named memory location in which a program can
store intermediate results and from which it can read it them" (from dictionary.com) it's like an integer, boolean, etc...

(woah awful post)

rainonmay

floating around
HSC
what is abstraction? in simple terms coz i've read definitions and i still dont understand it.

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
abstraction is hiding the way functions or methods complete a task, so the programmer only needs to know what to call, not how it does it.
for example, in java:
array.sort();
will sort an array, but the programmer doesnt care how it sorts it, as long as its sorted.
best example evar! =D

Afurotsu

HSC
N/A
How do you refer to records in pseudocode? I know how to for arrays, e.g. SDD.Sucks(32) = Homotastic...

Cheers.

simonj2

hero
HSC
First you have to declare it like:

TYPE sddsucks
really_sucks as string ""
hsc_mark as single 0.0
assessment_mark as single 0.0
final_mark as single 0.0
END TYPE

declare simon as sddsucks

or

declare simon as sddsucks (1..10)

then you go:

simon.really_sucks = "this sucks"

or

simon(1).really_sucks = "this sucks"

correct me if i'm wrong...

Afurotsu

HSC
N/A
Your example seems like an array rather than a record... damn, forty minutes till the test...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)