SDD Trial HSC 2002 (1 Viewer)

Dario

HSC
When is everyone doing their trial HSC exam ? SHHS is Friday week 4. Will anyone send their exam to the guys if they have already done it ?

del

HSC
N/A
Did mine last term.....

can't send it.... one.... i don't get it back till september..... 2 my scanner is shit

anyway the reason why we can't get it till september is totally valid... and imo fair enough

Dario

HSC
Liz,

It's not actually true that everyone does the same exam because there are at least two (Independent, CSSA). Studying is the best way to get good marks. Going through questions from past papers with your textbook is very helpful. Because you are writing the answers down, you remember them easier than if you just read them and say to yourself "I have to remember that".

del

HSC
N/A
yep..all anyone can do is there best..

and in my theory, if you study, and put in your best effort, at least you know you tried your best, no one can say indifferent.

Dario

HSC
SDD is an especially important subject to study and prepare for. Due to the severe lack of work done in classes, anyone who studies and gains an understanding of the content will come at the very top of their class. Most people will do quite poorly because they haven't been preparing and it is a lot to learn in a couple of days.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
cramming for at least 2 weeks before the exam is helpful too :)
i didnt kno much in SDD at all but i crammed my way into getting 80 in the HSC exam last yr

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
no, HSC
i accelerated in SDD last yr

-=AETOS=-

I did the SDD trial on the 6th of August and i'm telling you now it has been and will be the hardest test that will be thrown at me. Even chemistry will be easier. Most of the paper contained skill based work like doing desk check of a very complicated algorithm. 2-3 algorithm designs including a driver module that could be used to drive one of the algorithms you designed in a previous part. Drawing a structure chart for a senario and commenting on it and stuff. In our elective, history of programming it asked you to complete both forward and backward chaining of a set of rules n stuff. This exam really didn't do us justice! Everybody found it difficult and i don't think there will be any marks higher than 70. There are about 25 people in the class. Its a shame that SDD is such a challengeging subject but so poorly scaled!

Last edited:

Morgues

Yep, at least the tests are challenging. I would rather be solving problems in a test then the crap we do in english for example

-=AETOS=-

dont get technical on me bro, u know what i mean
. Even better however, the guys in my class can hardly speak english so essay questions would b fantastic.

SupaGloo

The trial I did basically consisted of areas that were poorly done in last year's HSC.
Haha... like a meaty 5or6 mark question for an algorithm of a cd player?
yeh... u mainly need to know design process... like all that crap listed by bon

I remember when i did it... 1/2 of mine wasnt even proper psuedocode... made up my own language lol

ah well.... got 81... top 8%...woot! :D

n i dunno if ur reading this Nu_1... but.... curse you!... all we did was play quake2 5 outta 6 sdd periods a week!

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
I can't remember ours... it was on the second day of trials so yeah, was more concerned about the other exams :)

I agree with whoever said it's a helluva lot to study altho I find that it's more cramming and regurgitating than actually applying the knowledge - does anyone else get this? I hate learning definitions which is why I suck at the theory :)

I find cramming actually helps though - i'll read all my notes the fortnight or so before my exam and highlight all the important stuff, and then the night before and the HOUR before cram like crazy. We're also sposed to read other textbooks (we get Fowler from the school) but I never do... textbook reading sucks.

PiP

HSC
for the trial we got told to know definitions for:-
*stubs
*flags
*debugging output statments
*syntax errors
*logic errors
*peer check
*desk check
*expected output
*run-time errors
*debugging tools -
-break points
-resetting variables
-traces
-singles

and everything from chapters 1-6 and 8 (the heinemann text book that is).....hope this helps hehe

i dun no about u, but i got some revision to do :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)