Could someone please fill me in on some info with these dotpoints:

- Role of antibiotics in managing infectious diseases

- Historical Development of malaria

Cheers
;)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
antibiotics is only effective against bacterial infection... it works by dissolvin cell membrane of the bacteria and hence cause it to lyse... hence treatin the infectious diseases.......

abt the historical development, tis like:
- early 19th century, cause unknown, but antimalarial property of cinchona is observed.....
-1880, charles laveran observed the malarial parasite.....
- late 19th century, ronald ross discoveried mosquito as a vector for malaria...
- 1898, ronald ross described life cycle of malaria
- early 20th century, chemical structure of guinine discovered, drugs are manufactured in large proportion
- 1940, patients with sickle cell rbc anaemia are found to be resistant to malaria (dunno y is this important and "historical tho")
- now, researchin in progress, as bacteria start to develop resistance to known drugs.....

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
Originally posted by xiao1985
antibiotics is only effective against bacterial infection... it works by dissolvin cell membrane of the bacteria and hence cause it to lyse... hence treatin the infectious diseases.......

i got several resources that state they can also be effective to an extent against viruses and fungi
fungi i can understand but i still disagree with the viruses
hmm.. but if 2 resources mention it... itcant be wrong can it
plus it justifys their roles and effective ness aswell ass they way in which they affect their respective pathogen
hmm.. might hav to call advice line for this

tempco

HSC
Originally posted by ~TeLEpAtHeTiC~
i got several resources that state they can also be effective to an extent against viruses and fungi
Yep I've read that somewhere as well... sorta ignored it, but since you've mentioned it, I might have to add it into my notes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)