Second chances? (1 Viewer)

Horrific2310

HSC
Do you believe in second chances??

... I really liked this guy and he liked me back but the thing is he wasn't allowed a gf because of school and another reason which he won't tell me... which leads me to think he never liked me in the beginning... :L
After a lot of cheezy messages over fb he just stopped talking to me. Then we met up again this year and he said sorry, it was like nothing ever happened and nothing ever changed between us. I mean, you like the people who hurt you the most, right?

Would you forgive them?

Thief

!!
HSC
Do you know he still likes you? Maybe he just wants to be your friend.

Horrific2310

HSC
Do you know he still likes you? Maybe he just wants to be your friend.
I think it's pretty damn obvious...
i mean i had a bf when he said sorry and then he came to visit me at work. God he was jealous: 'he's not good enough for you'.. stuff like that..
... and his friend hints at us all the time and when we're working together the friend walks past (oh btw his friend knows l like the guy) and is like 'ohh you two stop flirting ;) '
idk.. i just get the vibe.. or maybe i'm just making things up in my head that i want to believe are true? :(

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
he's done nothing wrong and you weren't even together so i hardly see why you're expecting an apology/giving him a second chance.

LadyLaLa

HSC
The way he behaves is just confusing. Just basing on what you say (I mean none of us were there and don't know all the fine details) I reckon he just wants to be friends... I mean ignoring you and maybe telling you his parents don't let is a hint. Why don't you guys just be friends? You weren't a couple to begin with so where is the second chance coming from? If he says sorry then take it. Why make things complicated? X(

Last edited:

RookieLaw

Audit.
HSC
The way he behaves is just confusing. Just basing on what you say (I mean none of us were there and don't know all the fine details) I reckon he just wants to be friends... I mean ignoring you and maybe telling you his parents don't let is a hint. Why don't you guys just be friends? You weren't a couple to begin with so where is the second chance coming from? If he says sorry then take it. Why make things complicated? X(
He probably didn't want to hurt your feelings so he lied to you and distanced himself so you'd forget about him, and it's been awhile.. so maybe just dont think too much of it and move on?

Thief

!!
HSC
I think it's pretty damn obvious...
i mean i had a bf when he said sorry and then he came to visit me at work. God he was jealous: 'he's not good enough for you'.. stuff like that..
... and his friend hints at us all the time and when we're working together the friend walks past (oh btw his friend knows l like the guy) and is like 'ohh you two stop flirting ;) '
idk.. i just get the vibe.. or maybe i'm just making things up in my head that i want to believe are true? :(
Haha well obviously you moved on..

If you want to talk to him, talk to him.
If you don't, then don't. Simple!

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Personally, I don't believe in second chances (well depends on what they did really).

But this doesn't exactly seem like he did anything wrong, you can't be entirely sure why he acted like that.

mimi2195

HSC
Most guys let their Pride & superiority of being a "man" overrule any feelings they may have for a lady, thats why he may not have the confidence to spill his heart out to you. just be patient and take my advice be straight forward with him!
ask him questions and let him know that you care :)
you cant go wrong, Good Luck!

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
Most guys let their Pride & superiority of being a "man" overrule any feelings they may have for a lady, thats why he may not have the confidence to spill his heart out to you. just be patient and take my advice be straight forward with him!
how come when men make generalisations about women, no matter how true, everyone loses their shit, but when a women makes a generalisation about men, it gets 2 million facebook likes and "omg sooo true :inlove:"

Lentern

HSC
how come when men make generalisations about women, no matter how true, everyone loses their shit, but when a women makes a generalisation about men, it gets 2 million facebook likes and "omg sooo true :inlove:"
Because historically generalizations about men have not infiltrated mainstream perceptions to the effect of sanctifying discrimination against men in employment, voting rights etc etc.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Because historically generalizations about men have not infiltrated mainstream perceptions to the effect of sanctifying discrimination against men in employment, voting rights etc etc.
or is it because women are dumb

LadyLaLa

HSC
You can go wrong. @OP I reckon since he stopped talking to you it shows that he doesn't want to get any closer and perhaps hoped you would move on. Even telling you his parents won't let is a BIG sign. If you continue to "care" for him it may make him feel uncomfortable and would push him away. Well that's how I see it. You could either show that you care and have him avoid you more OR you could just be cool with it and just be friends with him.

Horrific2310

HSC
You can go wrong. @OP I reckon since he stopped talking to you it shows that he doesn't want to get any closer and perhaps hoped you would move on. Even telling you his parents won't let is a BIG sign. If you continue to "care" for him it may make him feel uncomfortable and would push him away. Well that's how I see it. You could either show that you care and have him avoid you more OR you could just be cool with it and just be friends with him.
LOL We are talking again though, that's why i posted the thread. He apologised to me in person after i deleted him of fb and ignored him at work.. He told me that he felt like a huge ass and he's 100% sorry about hurting me.
Now that that's happened and the 'forgiving' stage was over with we talk on fb almost everyday or second day. He asked me to his drama production last night, he's not in it but he managed it. So yea mixed signals.

When he knew i had a bf.. well he asked in a round a bout way like "oh you haven't been at work for a few days. what have you been doing? been with your bf?'
I didn't know he knew so i was like 'how do you know' .. him: 'educated guess'.
When I asked him if he was with someone then too he went all sad "I'm not allowed one"
So that's when i thought it wasn't just me.. :L

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)