• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Second hand uni textbook? (1 Viewer)

emi ye

Can you buy second hand uni textbooks from prevoius years or do they get updated every year so you have to buy new ones? Are there shops that sell second hand uni books or do you have to organise buying/selling yourself?

Thanks

shannonm

HSC
N/A
they get updated every so often (depending on subject of the book)
yeah u can buy second hand books coop bookshop (at unsw)
you dont have to have the new one usually old editions are fine just need to index them in case they rearrange chapters

can also borrow from library and keep renewing until someone requests it

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Generally, its fine to buy a 2nd hand textbook, although, if you can, try and get the right edition...
for example, from 2001-2004, my uni used Knox et al. (second edition) for one of the first year biology streams. However, this year, they are using third edition as their prescribed text, in which (apparently) the fungi section has essentially been re-written....so, having bought a copy of 2e, one may be incorrect whilst studying for fungi.
however, I had a old edition of Gleitman et al. for psych, and I found it (the, you know, maybe, twice, I actually looked in it) to be very similar/identical to the latest edition, only thing was, I occasionally had to find stuff myself coz pages had changed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)