Second thoughts on my 07 Subbies (1 Viewer)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Here we go again :)

On-topic :p : Like I said, choose what interests you. Check textbooks, past papers, ask teachers, before you make a selection. There's no rush, and just ask! Do Biology now

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Don't like English :sleep:. Science and Maths FTW. and maybe Humanities. This is though I do better in the English-related areas than the Science-areas. But I enjoy Science more :)

Geez, spamming was fun. Now since we can't do it, it's boring. Master LottoX has failed :rofl:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Such a long time since 2222 posts. What was it? Palindromic? :rofl:

On-topic ;) : Is anyone changing their subjects in the first few weeks of school?

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
spammers. back to the topic.
imma changeeee physics chem into ancient history. :) which one is better to drop? =/

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Haha, some people here won't like it if you drop a Science for a Humanitie ;). Well, do you like the Physic-s type stuff or Chemistry things? I'd drop Physics ;)

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
i don't like nothing.

well i like something.

but chem/phys aint that something.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Yeah, you can try PE.

Lucid: It;d be too long to explain :) Hi!:wave:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Hmmm it's a little confusing why some of you are now wanting to drop. I mean you choose your subjects for a reason and since you haven't even had a taste for them and how they are taught maybe you should give them a chance before you rush into dropping and picking up etc.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
:( Everything sounds good in theory. Well I was given a few months to decided what I wanted and my school created the subject lines based around what people choose to ensure the vast majority of students would get all the subjects they wanted to do, which I did. A much better system then other schools where you have to pick subjects based on subject lines.

cs01001

HSC
Same here, VET Accounting clashed with 3u Maths :( In the end, I gave up.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Hmmm I know clashes happened at my school and were unavoidable but it wasn't a high number as 1/3.

lacklustre

HSC
English extension clashed with Maths extension. But eventually I got both after having a long discussion...hehe

They changed the lines just for me...now I have created a lot of problems for other students

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Biology with Physics on teh same line :/ Ended up choosing Biology. And One Line had Computer Applications, Ceramics, and something else- totally shit. Had to choose Computer Apps :(

lacklustre

HSC
Kujah said:
Biology with Physics on teh same line :/ Ended up choosing Biology. And One Line had Computer Applications, Ceramics, and something else- totally shit. Had to choose Computer Apps :(
So your lines were pre-defined? Our school worked out the lines after we submitted our preferences...

Kujah

HSC
N/A
No, it was after we sbmitted our preferences. There was only 1 Physics class, so they put it in the same line as Bio

slowjam10

HSC
Our school had a two round selection process, in the first round we had to choose the subjects we were interested in and then in the second round we were only given a week to choose our subjects from the lines. The lines set up by our school clashed with so many peoples plans i reckon that they use the same lines every year becuase the same clashes always seem to happen. At our school you really can't be interested in both the sciences and the humanities its more like one or the other. I wanted to do both Legal and Chemistry, Legal because i am interested in law and chem for speech pathology, or another science related area. I decided i'll stick with Legal because we have a great teacher who has a law degree + eco + commerce so he knows his stuff and i'll probabaly do better at it anyway.

Law all the way!!!!!:):):):):):):)

Is economics any good, i have heard its really hard, people seem really passionate about hating it my comerce teacher said i would be good at it but food tech was on the same line and i had been doing that as an elective and getting first place every yr averaging 98%, so what would you choose?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
You won't know til you try. Ask teachers, look through past papers, ask people you know who do Economics. You can trial it in the first few weeks of term 1, and if you don't like it, you can always go back to Food Tech (I hope :))

lacklustre

HSC
I took a gamble on picking legal because we have one really good teacher who teaches it and one really boring one. I'm changing straight away if I get the boring one. Cannot stand him after 3 years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)