Secondhand textbooks? (1 Viewer)

savio23q

Band
HSC
Where do people usually buy secondhand textbooks? I would go to the Co-op book shop but that's a total waste of money for a semester, or even a year...
I was thinking maybe there was a place where students meet to sell their old textbooks. If so when and where is it? I only need first year commerce books.

HSC
textbooks exchange?

i hear about that website a lot, but havent actually tried it yet :)

savio23q

Band
HSC
textbooks exchange?

i hear about that website a lot, but havent actually tried it yet :)
Looks pretty good.
Thanks for that! :)
Is there a way besides online though? It'd be good to actually flick through the pages and see that it's in good or decent condition.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
USyd has a secondhand stall in Wentworth building that's (apparently according to another thread) open.

There's also notices around uni from older students selling their textbooks.

savio23q

Band
HSC
USyd has a secondhand stall in Wentworth building that's (apparently according to another thread) open.

There's also notices around uni from older students selling their textbooks.
I'll probably ask around come O-week. Can't be bothered travelling down just to ask for textbooks.

On the other hand, the Textbook Exchange books sound really good (and cheap).

piitb

HSC
torrents, the end, close thread. i win. i looooooooooooooooove u bekmay

lou071

HSC
N/A
Where do people usually buy secondhand textbooks? I would go to the Co-op book shop but that's a total waste of money for a semester, or even a year...
I was thinking maybe there was a place where students meet to sell their old textbooks. If so when and where is it? I only need first year commerce books.
it is in wentworth building and they are in pretty good condition:)

lou071

HSC
N/A
When do we have to get our textbooks....because I haven't gotten any yet....
go to co-op website and find out whether there are text books you need to buy for your course. and the co-op is open now.

sandersen

si seulement...
HSC
Which faculties have textbook 'stores'?

The src one in wentworth is definitely open but really is not that great. I checked it out a few days ago and the prices are not much lower than the coop.

last year I couldnt afford textbooks, managed to borrow some from friends, but i don't really recommend it (not having textbooks). Especially when you are studying books in language classes.

Don't bother buying old edition textbooks either. Even though they're cheap, often there are new things added, eg chapters and the numbering is different, so it can be confusing.

konkzz

HSC
My friend from MacQ said you could download textbooks for Medicine online cause they cost heaps.

I don't know if it's true, though why would he lie for ? lol, it would be awesome if we could download them though =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)