Secret Window (1 Viewer)

Fry

has anyone seen Ed Wood? i so wanna watch that!

Simon made a comment about Ed Wood on American Idol today but it had nothing to do with the movie or Johnny, just the actual director. it was cool though..

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by Fry
has anyone seen Ed Wood? i so wanna watch that!

Simon made a comment about Ed Wood on American Idol today but it had nothing to do with the movie or Johnny, just the actual director. it was cool though..
I might buy it. I've seen it once and l hope its still there by the time l go back.

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
I watched Secret Window today. It was pretty cool. I loved the atmosphere and our mate Johnny was good in it. In my opinion the ending let it down, but I dont wanna say too much for those who havent seen it.

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
the ending was crap because it had the most overused and cliche'd twist availible. some bits were pretty scary though.

two and a half spuds :p

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by Trigger189
I watched Secret Window today. It was pretty cool. I loved the atmosphere and our mate Johnny was good in it. In my opinion the ending let it down, but I dont wanna say too much for those who havent seen it.
Thanks for not letting anything slip

Originally posted by smegthehead
the ending was crap because it had the most overused and cliche'd twist availible. some bits were pretty scary though.

two and a half spuds :p
Same to you. Thanks for rating it l guess!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I was going to see this today. But I chose Starsky & Hutch instead. I'll go see this at the end of the week.

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
Posted this on my friend's site - my review of Secret Window

Four words. You stole my story. Thats right. You did. Bastard.

Lets settle a few things first. I am fan of David Koepp: the top-notch screenwriter of the likes of Jurassic Park, Spider-Man, Panic Room, Stir of Echoes (which he also directed), and a personal favourite of mine The Paper.

His latest vehicle Secret Window, however, is rather lackluster, and by lackluster I mean rather effortless. The film gets lazy towards the end and settles for a half-arsed third act. The writer/director does quite a good job establishing a chilling atmosphere but doesnt seem to know where to go from there, resorting to cheap tricks after leading the audience to believe that some great mystery lies behind the perplexing series of events. I felt cheated. Violated if you will. In many unnatural ways. And considering this was a Stephen King story I expected better.

Dont get me wrong, the movie is entertaining nonetheless eerie and tension-filled, the setting of the cottage by the lake and the small country town serves as a neat backdrop as the events of the story are played out. I also found John Turturros Shooter character (a.k.a. You stole my story retard) both an entertaining and creepy Mississippi hick.

Koepp uses all the elements that make for good suspense and, for the most part, uses them to good effect. As the film builds towards the climax, the director skilfully draws in his audience and this is my main problem with the movie the story is so mysterious, so unnerving, yet the ending so dismal.

The supporting cast do well. Charles S. Dutton is always good to see and Maria Bello also fits nicely into her role. The obvious driving force behind this movie, however, is Johnny Depp. He would be a reason to see Secret Window the actors role as a quirky, troubled writer gives the movie its breath of life and although the ending is a let down he works it well and ensures the audience isnt as cheated as it ought to be.

In the end, it does appear that the movie is a disappointing, rather average thriller, but this is Johnnys show and he does well with his part giving the rather substance -less movie more credit than it otherwise would actually deserve.

17/20 Acting

17/20 Directing

7/10 - Writing

8/10 Visuals

7/10 Sounds

26/30 Overall Achievement

=82 or B-

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I saw it!!!!

OMG l thought it was excellent..9 and a half out of 10.

My friend who saw it with me is very critical about movies but he loved it and gave it an 8/10.

I love the twist...the ending is gross and l love it when he goes crazy :p

He looks really hot in it and l wanna go see it again!!!!!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Are you sure it's a 9/10? Because JD counts for alot, I know, but storyline wise? :D

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
Are you sure it's a 9/10? Because JD counts for alot, I know, but storyline wise? :D
I liked the storyline. I don't think it would have changed much if someone else played the role of Morton Rainy, but if they did it would probably be 8/10. :D

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
7/10 is a good score for a movie you like but isnt great. 6/10 is too harsh and 8/10 is too good. Happy medium.

out of 5, 2.5 aint too bad. Id give it a 3 out of 5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)