Secrets to Economics (1 Viewer)

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
enjoy reading or u'r ganna hate the subject. Summarise and diagramtic representations are the key. We are visual learners try to limit the stuff u have to memorise by linking all the topics together in a string.

zergcave

HSC
yea summarising is vital. there is huge amount of content in the course.

practice writing essays? thats dumb

AGB

HSC
yeh i agree... preparing essays is a good way to go

SimpaticO

Happy Man
There are no "secrets" as such. To pass and do well you just have to have studied and know the content as well as do lots of preparation via practice essays and questions. There are no shortcuts in this subject. You can't just cruise your way along in this subject. You have to be precise in your answers because "almost there" isn't good enough. The only way to go in this subject is intense study and preparation.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
ooo...cant wait for coroneos to offer his opinion on this :rolleyes:

coroneos

Sarah168 said:
lol.. :p

orite srsly economics is a bs subject.. they should triple the content to make it in line with the workload from other subjects.

There are no secrets to economics other than the fact that it is by far the easiest subject in the hsc :p..

enjoy studying ...

Rorix

HSC
maths has far less to study than economics:p

i'm most definately not a fan of remembering practice essays for eco, i guess if you suck at eco you might as well do what you can, but while economics questions may appear to be standard the emphasis of each question differs, and you'll have to get lucky to get say above a 17 with a pre-written essay.

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
yeah the secret is to know all content so well that you can write essay. ABSOLUTELY do not memorise them. use your knowledge to answer short answer and essays. MC is easy.

good luck

zergcave

HSC
Sarah168 said:
haha LMao! you must be referring to me....is the coroneos name got anything todo wif the history discussion?

anwyays...to be frank - economics is a far better subject than HISTORY, (again apologies to all loyal history students) in terms of your career opportunities, and has significant content that actually relates to the current world. whereas history in general is learning about a bunch of dates when so-and-so chose to attack so-n-so's country. and where they buried a 100 year old man and what they put in that coffin and what organs they cut from him and this n that. Yes, you may accuse me again of generalising/stereotyping - but thats the way to go gurl. u were not generalising/stereotyping when u chose your hsc subjects?

Yes and economics is not one of those subjects in which one just memorise and regurgitate (gosh i feel like picking on history again lol but thats enough for now). you will not get anywhere by merely memorising. UNDERstANDING is the key - once understood the concepts are forever stuck in the head, and theyll come out when the time is neccessary.

flyhigh

coroneos said:
lol.. :p

orite srsly economics is a bs subject.. they should triple the content to make it in line with the workload from other subjects.

There are no secrets to economics other than the fact that it is by far the easiest subject in the hsc :p..

enjoy studying ...
So what did you get for your trials =)?

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
zergcave said:
haha LMao! you must be referring to me....is the coroneos name got anything todo wif the history discussion?
try again numbnuts. and yes coroneos, please tell when you recieve your cssa result

SimpaticO

Happy Man
zergcave said:

anwyays...to be frank - economics is a far better subject than HISTORY, (again apologies to all loyal history students) in terms of your career opportunities, and has significant content that actually relates to the current world. whereas history in general is learning about a bunch of dates when so-and-so chose to attack so-n-so's country. and where they buried a 100 year old man and what they put in that coffin and what organs they cut from him and this n that. Yes, you may accuse me again of generalising/stereotyping - but thats the way to go gurl. u were not generalising/stereotyping when u chose your hsc subjects?

Yes and economics is not one of those subjects in which one just memorise and regurgitate (gosh i feel like picking on history again lol but thats enough for now). you will not get anywhere by merely memorising. UNDERstANDING is the key - once understood the concepts are forever stuck in the head, and theyll come out when the time is neccessary.

I know you didn't mean to offend those who study history but as what you call a "loyal history student" I feel that I have to defend those who study history a little here. History is not just about learning a series of useless dates and facts and simply regurgitating them in exams. History is primarily concerned with interpretation and that is what makes it both exciting and challenging. History students learn to interpret causes, motives, effects, consequences etc. of different events. Thus history students must actually propose theories and ideas and then find evidence in historical facts to back up their arguments. Thus there is a great degree of analytical skill involved in the study of history. When we answer exam questions we don't merely regurgitate what we know because the question demands that we either prove or disprove an argument with historical fact using other historical sources and the viewpoints of other historians (which may I add we must also assess for bias, usefullness, and reliability). So history is by no means a useless, easy subject which is not related to the current world. If anything, economics is more of a regurgitation than history. In economics, you have to really just discuss your knowledge of the concepts and how they relate whereas history requires you to think deeply and propose a theoretical argument. Furthermore, history requires you to develop and use analytical, theoretical, and logical skills which are requirements for life in the modern world. History is an essential subject and by no means useless. So please don't use an unfair mockery of history to support the validity of economics. I am pretty sure that you can argue a case for how great economics is without bagging other worthy subjects!!!!

masteraal

yeah i agree eco is quite easy to understand...i did pretty much no study and i got 75%.. so hopefully with some study ill break 90 easily...

god im a retard for not studying. it one of those things....yeah ill study to morrow...

shit exam tomorrow...nuh its alright...i got the morning to study...

HSC
ah shit!..
i only got 87/100
15/20 for MC
36/40 short answers
18/20, 18/20 for essays

but i still came first......................WITHOUT cheating *looks at skyprn*

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
zergcave said:

pfft. I wont bother arguing with you because it'll be a waste of my time and nothing will penetrate that thick little head of yours. Ironically, you favour "higher order thinking subjects" yet arent capable of that skill yourself.

Either way, I'm covered on both fronts as I do eco and 3u hist.

Edit: No I was not referring to you. Sif I would bother.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)