Section 1: Multiple choice (1 Viewer)

bionikal

how can you say that?

C is the only reasonable answer in there.

-it cant possibly be flash memory because the image shows rotating disk.
-it cant be magnetic tape because its a rotating DISC not a reel of tape.
-it cant be Optical because it has a read/write head and Optic media uses LASER.

its an image of a Hard drive or something similar which would leave you with C the only reasonable answer

Last edited:

7th Sign

HSC
i have seen optical hard drives in the same structure as the one in the pic....

true u can totoally take out A/B their no way its them 2

c maby

D just seems better for me...you really need to ask on a computer forum where people work with this shit eveyr day to get a real answer

karen88

Radioactive Queen
HSC
dun think its D... cos it says random access device at da top.. that means it could be accessed in any order.. so its only A or C... and it looks like a disk...so i think its C... i put A in da exam so regret it now...cos da stupid air conditioning fan was on so loud and couldn't concentrate... told them to turn it off... but da majority of da other ppl didn't want it off... cant work with loud sounds next to me...

7th Sign

HSC
lol its deffiantly no A..

yeah man u work in a pc store do you deal with fixing broken drive? data recovery? hard drive develponment?

Its out of C,D

bionikal

STFU dude,

i work in a PC store, i understand what a hard drive is, i understand how they work and YES i have pulled both CDroms and Hard-drives apart.

CD-ROMS do not have READ/WRITE heads like that show in the example, they use LASERS HENCE OPTICAL, OPTIC AND LASERS -> see the connection?

7th Sign

HSC
chill out man seriously its only 1% i deffiantly know it either C or D but wtf has this shit got to do with the sylabus i didnt know you had to know about how hard drives work lol...and the internal shit....just like general knoledge I guess and if you work at a comp store your probly right...

Pixydust*

karen88 said:
dun think its D... cos it says random access device at da top.. that means it could be accessed in any order.. so its only A or C... and it looks like a disk...so i think its C... i put A in da exam so regret it now...cos da stupid air conditioning fan was on so loud and couldn't concentrate... told them to turn it off... but da majority of da other ppl didn't want it off... cant work with loud sounds next to me...
\
the answer can be magnetic disk i think because it said 'CAN be accessed in this order' not sure though...

7th Sign

HSC
bionikal said:
you make a good point actually...

since when was that in the syllabus?

a lot of shit in the test was not even in the syllabus

they may aswell just write in some different language for a few questions because thats how stupid they were

rama_v

HSC
7th Sign said:
a lot of shit in the test was not even in the syllabus

they may aswell just write in some different language for a few questions because thats how stupid they were
haha I agree, they put stuff thats seemingly beyond the sylabus in todays physics exam as well - why does BOS bother with dotpoints if they are not gonna follow them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)