Section 1: Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
I'm convinced that I fucked question 1, but 17 I believe could still possibly be B. It was difficult in any case. In any case, I'm happy with my 16-17/20 being as I finished section 1 in a grand total of 11 minutes. :D

seadonkey

HSC
Broodchuck said:
Yeh thought i was really good!
I got:
1. B
2. C
3. B
4. B
5. A
6. D
7. A
8. B
9. C
10. A
11. C
12. B
13. C
14. B
15. A
16. D
17. A (how dodge, I couldn't believe they left out a word in C. ha!)
18. D
19. A
20. B

same as u cept...
12A im 100% sure of that RoC = NP/sales x100
15D 90% sure of that

SaMi5

HSC
17 is B coz if it is then i got 20/20 lol o and 20 has to be B and 19 A for my 20/20 to work..

Carita

^^^^^
HSC
i am leaning towards what acast29 sed about question 15. correct me if i am wrong and i will gracioiusly step down, an overdraft is a current liability. so taking out an overdraft would mean they have more current liabiliities so therefore making their problem worse. i would think that the business therefore needs to access some long term finance to pay off the short term, didnt think mortgage was the way to go, didnt know wat the hell debentures were (yes i know thats prolly like not knowing what leasing is but hey...wat can i say?) so i put venture capital. i put d for 17 but failed to read the BEFORE.....buggered that up. i think weve cleared the others up.

nite all...for those of you who are finished....congrats....doesnt it feel great....absolute and utter bliss.

Carita

^^^^^
HSC
seadonkey said:
same as u cept...
15D 90% sure of that
sorry my friend...RoC is return on owners equity...not net profit ratio which is np/sales x 100. RoC = np/oe x 100

and as i sed above for 15...i dunno tho...ive been known to be wrong....many times....

Broodchuck

HSC
seadonkey said:
same as u cept...
15D 90% sure of that
Yeh sorry mate but 12 isn't A, Return on OE = NP/OE x 100... (i think that's what the question was! I haven't got my paper here so i dont remember)
And 15, yeh I know I got that one wrong

ando_88

HSC
In response to question 1, the answer could not possibly be classical scientific. Classical scientific theorists believe that productivity will be increased by making employees do the one thing they are best at. It strongly supports the division of labour, with each person doing monotonous, tedious work.

Behavioural management is about improving productivity by motivating workers. Team worker is one way to increase employee motivation and improve productivity through increased flexibility thus it has to be B.

As for 17, i believe that A is the correct answer. A mediator does not arbitrate, he/she provides a decision which is not legally binding. The business studies use of the word arbitrate is concerned with a legally binding decision. Gina's best course of action is definately A.

20 cannot involve inappropriate cut off periods. An inappropriate cut off period is when a business includes revenues but doesnt include the costs associated with those revenues (or the other way around for tax avoidance). Undervalued assets is not about inappropriate cut off periods, thus the answer is Corporate Raiders and Asset stripping.

rajeev

HSC
can anyone scan the multiple choice? or is it somewhere else aleady and im just too retarded to find it?

margareth

dblanche said:
Q1 I is (D) because the scientific management theory raises productivity

How can it be (B)

only behavioral does work teams not scientific i went passed that while studying

forceblade

HSC
question 17 is D!
She needs to have discussion with employer then if she gets no result she goes to union rep and then it goes to tribunal.

because the question says before leggally binding, and you have to take to arbitration for the decision to be binding. so there its D

ando687

This is my first message here but just wanted to note something...

Question 17 reads: Which of the following is the most appropriate course of action that should be undertaken.

Answer A cannot be correct because in the text book it states that before unions or employee association get involved there should be discussion and negotiation between employee and employer. This means the only other correct answer besides B is D which it cannot be because any decisions made by a Tribunal is legally binding.

But... I could be wrong.

ando687

And i forgot to add...

Mediator arbitrates simply means a neutral third party that decides on a solution and isnt legally binding. How can a mediator pose a legally binding decision - their like counsellers (how ever tou spell it).

ando_88

HSC
ando687 said:
And i forgot to add...

Mediator arbitrates simply means a neutral third party that decides on a solution and isnt legally binding. How can a mediator pose a legally binding decision - their like counsellers (how ever tou spell it).
Exactly, a mediator cannot arbitrate, meaning that B has to be wrong.

ando687

There are two reasons why A is wrong...

1. The course of action never comes to any kind of decision. There is only 'she meets her' 'he meets him' and 'they meet someone else' - there is no action being taken therefore it cant be suitable.

2. It cant be an appropriate course of action because there is no neutral third party. There is only two sides with an 'us vs them' perspective which means it is harder to come to a decision suitable for both parties.

However I could be wrong

forceblade

HSC
ando687 said:
There are two reasons why A is wrong...

1. The course of action never comes to any kind of decision. There is only 'she meets her' 'he meets him' and 'they meet someone else' - there is no action being taken therefore it cant be suitable.

2. It cant be an appropriate course of action because there is no neutral third party. There is only two sides with an 'us vs them' perspective which means it is harder to come to a decision suitable for both parties.

However I could be wrong
u forgot one more reason why its wrong, because A goes straight to the union NOT the employer to try and slove the problem. its gotta be D :D

SaMi5

HSC
The bloody answer to 17 is BBBBBBBBBBBBBB!!!!!! god damn ppl read the Q properly and u wil see the ONLY answer it can be is B! A is wrong coz of reasons stated previously, C is just completely wrong and if anyone put that duh! o and D is WRONG coz the tribunal wil make a legally binding decision.. READ THE QUESTION B4 YA MAKE STUPID COMMENTS!

ando687

At last...

I agree 1000000000000000000000000000000000%

Im pretty sure that discussion is over

SaMi5

HSC
thankyou for agreein.. now we can all discuss Q15... its D... anyone disagree, let me kno y??? o and 19 i got A... if these 2 r right i got 20/20!!!!

ando687

Looks like you got 20/20

Q15 can only be D anyone who says otherwise hasnt got a brain (no offence) and Q19 cant be C or D and the overseas subsidiary would have less debt to equity therefore their solvency would improve - has to be A - I got this wrong cos I didnt look at the headings on top of the table

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)