Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How did you go in section 1?

What did you think of the texts?

Share your thoughts here.

Flop21

HSC
I actually didn't really like the texts, they were quite shit. The picture was really hard, even though the colour was nice. Could hardly understand the poem. Didn't understand the last text at all, but this was the point I ran out of time so no hope there anyway.

turntaker

HSC
I actually didn't really like the texts, they were quite shit. The picture was really hard, even though the colour was nice. Could hardly understand the poem. Didn't understand the last text at all, but this was the point I ran out of time so no hope there anyway.
that's when the art of making up shit comes in handy

Purgie

HSC

I thought the texts were pretty easy. The picture as well. I just made up shit about the symbolism of the jars and shit to encapsulate discoveries.

Just talk shit. Get marks.

Flop21

HSC
I thought the texts were pretty easy. The picture as well. I just made up shit about the symbolism of the jars and shit to encapsulate discoveries.

Yes by the end I had so much shit coming to me I was ready to just let it all out on the paper but NOT ENOUGH TIME

kill me

My face every time I looked at the clock:

Purgie

HSC
Yes by the end I had so much shit coming to me I was ready to just let it all out on the paper but NOT ENOUGH TIME

kill me

My face every time I looked at the clock:

Holy shit. That was the stimulus i used. And it was shit.

My teacher told me i could of walked out with the exam question booklets. Did anyone else take it or naw? I should of. I just wanted to piss off asap.

teridax

HSC
N/A

Yeah, I just talked about the body language and how the use of the hand pointing is a vector for the responder to direct to their attention to the drawing book. I then used that to symbolise how valuable objects which the individual deeply regards as desirable can be seen through sketching said objects to preserve the memories of discovering the beauty of artefacts for years to come.

Flop21

HSC
Holy shit. That was the stimulus i used. And it was shit.

My teacher told me i could of walked out with the exam question booklets. Did anyone else take it or naw? I should of. I just wanted to piss off asap.
Yeah same!! My story had a dude as the main character and had blue eyes and was stressed, so I thought it was perfect. But I'm not sure how I showed that image in it??? I mentioned him putting his hand to his forehead once.

Purgie

HSC
Yeah same!! My story had a dude as the main character and had blue eyes and was stressed, so I thought it was perfect. But I'm not sure how I showed that image in it??? I mentioned him putting his hand to his forehead once.

I didn't know how to show the image in it either. I didn't even finish my creative. Relying purely on short answer + discovery to carry my sorry ass.

leehuan

HSC
Text 1 - Meh. What a conflicting couple. But that became a good idea to talk about once you related it to discovery.
Text 2 - Ok. Just spoke about the demand gaze and the vector lines as well as the shells using brighter toned colours
Text 3 - Interesting poem. Discoveries are bad.
Text 4 - Painful read compared to the other ones. Don't remember what I wrote here

Flop21

HSC
Text 1 - Meh. What a conflicting couple. But that became a good idea to talk about once you related it to discovery.
Text 2 - Ok. Just spoke about the demand gaze and the vector lines as well as the shells using brighter toned colours
Text 3 - Interesting poem. Discoveries are bad.
Text 4 - Painful read compared to the other ones. Don't remember what I wrote here
What?????????

Wasn't text 3 about his father discovering his passion, e.g. science??

leehuan

HSC
What?????????

Wasn't text 3 about his father discovering his passion, e.g. science??
You can interpret texts however you want to. I could be wrong about my interpretation. But when I looked at the bottom and saw him in vain trying to go back to something... as well as the dictionary definition.

Mr_Kap

HSC
Only read the first few lines and the last quarter of the last text. That's pretty much all i needed to answer the question lol.

leehuan

HSC
Your responses don't even have to be long for paper 1 section 1. They just have to address the question in a sophisticated paragraph.

I read through the entire texts though, because I wanted to find the better techniques. Discerning choices are good.

Untroubled

HSC
First time I read through the texts I was totally stressed. I left section one to do last and it made all the difference.
I was able to stress less, focus more and I found the texts much easier to comprehend this way! :)

DLMisme

HSC
I thought most of them were alright, except that poem. I found it difficult to get my head around it.

sadpwner

HSC
N/A
Lol they were completely easy. The hardest was the painting for me. That required some next-level bs. Does anyone remember what the question was for this because I might have bsed too much and forgot about the question. For the rest, I just look for techniques and quote it. Pretty simple. The poem was the easiest since they shove techniques in your face. Don't know what you guys are spouting. It's about how excited he gets about discovery. The techniques I used were hyperbole (on 'endless') and listing and accumulation on the part after the butterfly.

sadpwner

HSC
N/A

well fuck me in the ass. I wrote about how the guy was portrayed but I made no mention of valuable objects aside from symbolism on the snake in the jar. Don't know. It didn't ask me to talk about valuable objects but just the guy.

__

No one mentioned which texts they used?

I used text 2 and 3.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)