Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How did you go in section 1?

What did you think of the texts?

Share your thoughts here.

Sam345

HSC
They were so bloody specific, how am I supposed to write 4 marks on technique. Rip short answer

meDAawesome

HSC
lol all those texts were a literal meme

the hsc discussion group is blowing up the fresh memes

Sam345

HSC
why would they be so cruel as to not give a visual, honestly it was just harsh

Ambility

HSC
Yeah I was totally hanging out for a visual text they are always so easy to score points on. That six marker was harsh as well...

ezyeez

HSC
Were the butterflies butterflies or was the forest on fire wtf

jenandeeb

HSC
Wtf did the whale boy discover and where did "contrast" come into the picture?

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Wtf did the whale boy discover and where did "contrast" come into the picture?
According to a certain ATAR site:

Towards the end, we see a contrast in his attitude and perspective, because of the way he’s discovered the mystique of whales. His attitude changes to pensive, wondrous and imaginative (also reflected in the split environments). I’m really interested to know how you all interpreted the contrast here!

Shuuya

HSC
I had to read Texts 3 and 4 twice before I even understood what they were talking about, and even then I'm pretty sure that I didn't do it properly.

Sure, it wasn't absolutely terrible, but yeah it was pretty bad.

kashkow

HSC
According to a certain ATAR site:

Towards the end, we see a contrast in his attitude and perspective, because of the way he’s discovered the mystique of whales. His attitude changes to pensive, wondrous and imaginative (also reflected in the split environments). I’m really interested to know how you all interpreted the contrast here!
I did the main contrast was the juxtaposition of the last line "Do you want to see silkworms?" to the serious tone in the line before AND to the discovery/reaction of whales that was presented throughout the story. This highlighted the discoveries of the whale boy. I may have also done some smaller contrasts within the story but I can't really remember atm.

mrstripedshades

HSC
LMAO I didnt even read most of the last text. I just tried to find techniques where I could to argue unique personal insight.

It was kind of stupid tbh and I said stuff like through the protagonist's interpretation of common occurrences a unique personal insight is presented. I mainly used the first and second paragraph lol.

Used Text 2 with it and I think it was a confusing read. I saw it as an intellectual discovery, I swear it was even existential at times

also for text 1 what did people do? imagery and stuff was obvious. I used asyndenton and word choice/connotations as well

for text 3 I viewed it as an intellectual gain at one point (through metaphors & contrast), talking about how he was initially 'hollow' and also I did the thing ur talking prodigyinspired and thought the same but didnt describe it/view it in that way. hopefully it actually works lol

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)