Section 1 wtf!!!!! (1 Viewer)

rachybabe123

anyone else have trouble with this section? What did u put for (a). I think I stuffed this section up! The question were wired and I didn't really write an aticle for (c). Oh well its over with now!

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Hmm.... For (a) I referred to Capitalism, the organisation man, and the idea of a republic, how it relates to the people etc. I crapped on for a while with that. :)

Someone else talked about a racial glass ceiling *looks around for goofy, but can't see her online*...

Eh, with (c) I just stuck a title/heading on it.

bunnyears

i totaslly agree

the only good bit was the article, the rest of it was SCREWED andf am in shock that ART was my HARDEST exam.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by bunnyears
the only good bit was the article
Our art class is extremely lucky, we've studied Do Ho Suh and that artwork, Piccinini and those artworks, and most of us have studied William Robinson too. It was a fortunate coincidence for us!

Personally, I didn't think it was a hard paper. But considering that with some past papers I looked at the prints and was like "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"... I guess I can understand.

Leap

free falling
HSC
for (a) I said it related to the feminist idea of the 'glass ceiling' and gender equality etc. I also talked about communism, human rights and identity being sociall controlled and supressed.
As for (c) I have no idea what I wrote, it was all waffle.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Art was a lot harder than I expected it 2 be.
Firstly, the questions in Section 2 did not really suit what i had planned, so i had to manipulate me set-out of the answer a fair bit.
Section 1 was pretty good 4 me actually.....except for question 3! Can anybody here tell me wot they used the image of the artwork for, it did not have any relevance whatsoever and when we got out of the exam, our art teacher who is also the deputy, agreed with me totally.
Anyway, Question 1 and 2 were pretty good 2 me....but im not saying they were excellent in any way shape or form.

Just my 2c

lazybum

HSC
N/A
i am so upset
you really had to guess what section one was
god my art is gonna pull me alll the way down....

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
Wow Daemontreu, you're a lucky bum! Our class did absolutely NO theory this year...about three lessons I think. Our teacher told all our parents that we did heaps but we definitely didn't.

I just talked out my ass for a), I thought b) was fairly easy...I just talked about photography and digital manipulation and video and stuff. c) was a shocker :p But I think I did ok, it wasn't as bad as I had expected.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
I think anyone could have pretty much fudged their way through (b), and what you did sounds right. *cheers Belle on*

I can't believe you did next to no theory! We handed our artworks in earlier than the BoS asked for, and spent the last weeks concentrating on theory ONLY! *groan*

But, most of us recognised (b) from the Biennale...

Leanne

HSC
well i found it to be the hardest art exam i'm ever seen...i crapped my little heart out....and i had no idea for q 3...i reckon the language confused me....

meh! at least i'm fairly happy with the essay!

Farnarcle

I found B the easiest actually. I talked about technology destryoing itself. Technology (camera) was used to create the prefect image, but then another technology was used (photoshop) to make the picture unrealistic, which totally undermines the job the first technology in the first place.

Hehe, that was so random.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Eh, for (b) I just talked about technology as the subject, used to create the object, manipulate the object, used to display the object... etc.. And everything else I babbled about came under those three headings, stuff like how they couldn't exist if it weren't for technology, blah blah blah!

tegs

I wrote about communism in regard to the west, power of the people, and materialism.
I thought b was cool but hard. I really like Picininis work. Didn't really get the car balls tho.

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
In (b), I rambled on about how the representation of human and animal forms (and common objects in general) has changed throughout history, with the influence of technology. Also; how technological advances have directly influenced Piccinini's work.

It was a bit of a botchy job though... oh well.

Muse

what kind of fucking wanker would make you write an article in an art exam? didnt you guys just switch into english mode? language specific to article, headline, byline,

i mean, they didnt even ask you to talk about the fucking artwork! who knew art would be so hard?
i think i might die now...

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
for (a) wrote about capitalism, monarchy, social hierarchy and...mentioned something else in the intro. I liked (b)-technology is right up my ally, (and the mouse helped coz its contemporary )and (c) too coz i just switched automatically into english mode (scary what high school can do to you..)
for (c) i just put that art title thing at the top, made up some quotes from the artist himself to help direct it to the c/f and put that little square at the bottom!:D

so happy, i liked the exam, so far im the only one...maybe thats a bad thing... but ive finished school so yay!:)

good luck to all those still studying

Last edited:

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
for (a) wrote about capitalism, monarchy, social hierarchy and...mentioned something else in the intro. I liked (b)-technology is right up my ally, and the mouse thing helped coz its contemporary and (c) too coz i just switched automatically into english mode (scary what high school can do to you..)
for (c) i just put that art title thing at the top, made up some quotes from the artist himself to help direct it to the c/f and put that little square at the bottom!:D

so happy, i liked the exam, so far im the only one...maybe thats a bad thing... but ive finished school so yay!:)

good luck to all those still studying

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)