Section 1 wtf!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Jack_Ass121

Originally posted by Muse
what kind of fucking wanker would make you write an article in an art exam? didnt you guys just switch into english mode? language specific to article, headline, byline,

i mean, they didnt even ask you to talk about the fucking artwork! who knew art would be so hard?
i think i might die now...
OMG Muse, u r sooooo fuckn right seriously, ur a legend, ur fuckn absolutly right, this is fukn art!!!! why the fuck are they askn us to right in the form of an article, this isnt fuckn english,, there fukn testing us on how well we are able to read and understand the fukn old cunts journal and write a report based on that,,, fuck, wtf is the world comn to, the whole fuckn hsc is burrchit,, and so inacurate in judging the intelligance and knowledge of individuals,, seriosuly,

and MaryJane, wtf is all that stuff u wrote? hirachy and all dis,,, how the hell do u know about all that stuff,, i mean arts now combining another 50 other subjects,, argh im sooo pissed

DC10

q1. CULTURAL FRAME - either dictatorship (how a dictator repress the mass), wealthy and manipulative billionaires (how they control and destruct the destinies of millions of korean people - hence the vast scale of the small figures)

q2. ART PRACTICE - artmaking - how technology has influenced her artmaking. Her subjects and comments on the good and bad of technology, the ugly and the beautiful side - plate 3 and 4) , the current technological advancement in society e.g. cloning and how technology has INFLUENCED her PRACTICE... the way her artworks are created, digital manipulation, the use of fibreglass vs the coventional media/of medium)

q3. Conceptual Framework - was a bit of a shocka. but all you need to discuss is the relationship between the conceptual frameworks... the audience including the art patrons who continually support his work, as well as the galleries buying his work and the prizes he won (including Archibald). The way artworks serve as a Bridge between the artist and the viewers, and how he continually depicts the nature, earth and sea, rainforest etc. connecting the world, his statement about the beauty of such environments , using his artwork to communicate the message across to the viewers...
(even though it's in the form of an article, this is an ART exam, it won't be marked on how well your english is - it will only be marked and assessed on how well you communicate your artistic knowledges of the conceptual frameworks and the knowledge you used to apply to the rise of the artist's fame and success)

i wrote 6 pages in total

btw anyone noticed anything special about the chick with the lab rat? her LEFT ear is covered by her hair (perhaps to imply that it's missing?)... and to symbolise she needs that ear? LOL :apig:

Last edited:

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
DC10....

MWAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! (The sound of a nerd)... Jeeze, meganerd!!! Different spin on everything... :|

- M A D D O G Z -

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Originally posted by Jack_Ass121
and MaryJane, wtf is all that stuff u wrote? hirachy and all dis,,, how the hell do u know about all that stuff,, i mean arts now combining another 50 other subjects,, argh im sooo pissed
coz i did modern history and legal and they make u learn useless shit like that... guess it came in handy

but it doesnt matter, the exam is over!!! :) it shouldnt have been so english but...maybe they ran outta art teachers and had to revert to english ones. pretty dodgy that we got the article tho

Farnarcle

Originally posted by MaryJane
so happy, i liked the exam, so far im the only one...maybe thats a bad thing... but ive finished school so yay!:)
Hey, I liked it too, but maybe cos I think that way about all my exams...

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
Originally posted by Daemontreu
I think anyone could have pretty much fudged their way through (b), and what you did sounds right. *cheers Belle on*

I can't believe you did next to no theory! We handed our artworks in earlier than the BoS asked for, and spent the last weeks concentrating on theory ONLY! *groan*
lol thanks Daemontreu :) I figure that fudging worked all year for me and since the markers would probably be art teachers hopefully it'll work again.

And yeah, that's what I get for having a crap teacher (see my other thread in the VA section :p ) She is a complete fruitloop and that's why most of our class SUCKS in art exams.

Anyhoo you should be glad for that extra theory (painful as it is!) coz it will get you great marks over us poor souls who have no idea and have to BS our way through it.....:mad1:

keresdiscordia

I liked that exam for some stupid reason. Maybe the fact that it went only for 1.5 hours. Most of it was waffle but it was good waffle. I'm just glad that my prac mark will make my mark a tiny bit better.

tegs

Originally posted by Jack_Ass121
OMG Muse, u r sooooo fuckn right seriously, ur a legend, ur fuckn absolutly right, this is fukn art!!!! why the fuck are they askn us to right in the form of an article
The reason they asked us to write this way, is cos they wanted us to write like art critics. Critics dont write essays, they write articles for magazines and newspapers etc. They wanted to make the art exam applicable to the actual art world (for once ) :confused:

pinksugar

I thought that question a was a bit weird... it seemed more of a social science question, not an art question!

I said I thought it was to do with overpopulization and the glass ceiling for migrants who can't speak english so well and have difficulty getting good jobs. And I think I mentioned big societies like america taking over little countries like Korea :D

I thought question b was hardish... what the hell were those car nuggets. No one in my class could tell what they were supposed to DO. hmmm.. well, I just talked about them being a reflection of our consumer society, where appearance is so important.. the artist is making a moral comment on or technologically and scientifically obsessed world? that was the best I could do!:p

tegs

They're what chicken nuggets are to chickens according to Patricia Piccinini.
She said that they're basically all the scrappy pointless bits of cars that have no purpose but everyone loves anyway.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
I'm sure "fucked up" is too strong a phrase for describing that exam. You're just... over-reacting? *gets beaten over head*

Leanne

HSC
i hope so...i found it to be the worst art exam ever.....i had absolutely no idea wat i was talking about...

but like usual, i'm hoping to surprise myself

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)