Section 2 - Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How'd you all find Section 2? Was it what you prepared for?

Share your thoughts here.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Stimulus was very generic. The question and the stimulus was basically a gift from BOSTES.

Spencer1

HSC
image 5 fit my story really well, it was the unseen texts that threw me off a bit ><

FootballHooligan

HSC
The one with the guy sitting in the rain linked well to mine but I didn't get to finish how I wanted :(

HeyAaron_

HSC
N/A
Probs the worst part of mine tbh

I used that desert one with the branch

meDAawesome

HSC
I used the one with the boat and the shed, I was kinda thrown of by the "place" part of the question so I basically just described the stimulus and chucked it into my memorised creative

braeleymaunder

HSC
I thought the creative writing was the easiest part. For the travel-heads, all of the images suited a story to someone travelling.

Ambility

HSC
Luckily the outback image worked really well for my creative piece.

Shuuya

HSC
The part about 'place' threw me off and I think that my connections with the stimulus were a bit forced. But the marker should be able to see that I've tried to incorporate the stimulus, so all I can do is hope for the best :spzz:

caitlinmansfield

HSC
How many marks do you think you would lose for not using one of the images? I misread the question and thought they were just there to stimulate ideas. I did write a story about a connection to place and it was about traveling. It was set in the Vatican, so there's really no connection to a photo.

bugsbuggy

HSC
N/A
How many marks do you think you would lose for not using one of the images? I misread the question and thought they were just there to stimulate ideas. I did write a story about a connection to place and it was about traveling. It was set in the Vatican, so there's really no connection to a photo.
I did the same thing ahaha

baktiar77

HSC
You'll be penalised quite harshly especially if your creative sounds like it's memorised piece as if I'm pretty sure about the question explicitly was about how discovery specific to location/setting

eating

Wannabe COMP god
HSC
How'd you all find Section 2? Was it what you prepared for?
We actually got an exam early in the year asking about "how place affects the process of discovery". I used the smoggy picture of crowd of seats about a tree, to write about a character recalling their country becoming filled with factories and pollution, and their personal loss of cultural values.

Not what I prepared for, but I was prepared. Godsend.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)