Section 2: Question 21-24 (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Kd14 said:
Strength of signal is what I wrote as because servers are distributed.. because.. that's why they're called DISTRIBUTED database.. XD

I also included security
From memory I wrote about it in three groups; the signal strength, interference with medical equipment and security of the data.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Srixon i never thought of that! THen again theres a lot i never thought of. Ok..so lets do this lal in one go:

21)
a. Communication protocol is jsut the same a normal protocol right? I used POP as my example, only thing i could think of at the time.

b. Then, i couldnt think of a third refining thing. I used add more specific keywords and confine search to australia...
Part C was easy i thought

22) Didnt like this question. It annoyed me. Except the diagrams, they were the awesome. Ok..the diagrams made up a significant part of this question. I liked it.
a. Refering to the database identify data redundency...that was the return date not filled in yes? Thats all i could find

23) Ok this one sucked...A was fine, the rest were annoying. For C i wrote about the Communication Skills dot point cos that was the only thing i knew had 5 things - 5 things = 5 marks was my logic., Not so. i think these subjects are getting big on strategies. Food Tech and Hospo are all about strategies....its designed to make you think and not rely on syllabus imo.

24) this one was good
a. hmm should be fine, just went on about convenience, deskilling and new training
b. i said interference with equipment like the x-ray machines, interference to the system (if the PDA got screwed over then they couldnt use it..), and if the main server crashes then everything crashes. I wrote more than that, but yeah thats the basic idea.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
a) I said my answer somewhere else already, protocol = set of rules govern transmission of data, agreed upon during handshaking, rules such as speed of data transfer & error checking; eg. X Modem

b) "Board of Studies" refinement (gets rid of the non-education related things); "*.au" (Australian domain); "*.pdf" (Only shows Acrobat files)

22) Can't quite remember question exactly but I think i said it was unnecessary to have the Item Number and Item fields because they were always the same thing.

23) Talked about some BS- didn't use the 5 points from the syllabus; can't remember question but I think this is the communication plan one right? I talked about why they need it and so on... probably got at least half the marks for it.

a) Distributed database meant if one bit goes down, the whole thing doesn't go down. Can't remember what else I wrote...

b) In short; Interference, security & signal strength.

Pixydust*

im seriously shitted at myself about the last part to the question about the search engine. i have to be the ONLY person dumb enough in the state to suggest direct implementation - i knew all the methods and i chose that!! gaaahhh!!!! i figured since it was a search engine they could pull it off, and i thought they meant it was accessible from outside of the library, like the Uni of Syd one is. crap. maybe they'll be nice and give me a mark or two anyway....

HSC
Dont worry Pixydust* I think that was an exam where it just forced you to forget all the stuff you normally know lol......atleast it did with me so please agree and make me feel better lmao.

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
Pixydust* said:
im seriously shitted at myself about the last part to the question about the search engine. i have to be the ONLY person dumb enough in the state to suggest direct implementation - i knew all the methods and i chose that!! gaaahhh!!!! i figured since it was a search engine they could pull it off, and i thought they meant it was accessible from outside of the library, like the Uni of Syd one is. crap. maybe they'll be nice and give me a mark or two anyway....
you definetly could of used "direct implementation" so dont worry. A search engine would do the job better than other searching methods. So they would want to completely get rid of the older system and bring in the new as its more efficient.

Pixydust*

oh gosh are you guys serious?! Thanks so much for that - i might pass! - and thats so true btw exams have this tendency to screw you over...

dave-o

HSC
i used direct implementation as well. i was considering either direct or parallel but figured direct would be the better method because it was a search engine.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think I said parallel.. or phased. Can't remember- but I justified it pretty well, and after all, as long as you can justify your answer then it should be ok I think? There's no right/wrong for this sorta thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)