Section I - Core (1 Viewer)

sillyfilly101

HSC
fishy89sg said:
for question 1 (a) did u guys put campania? lol. im serious!!

and for 1 (c) i didnt fill in the lines :mad1::mad1:
yeah i wrote campaina to

Anonymous1

HSC
The source depicting the temple of Isis was perfect to relate to religion practices in Pompeii. You could have mentioned how it was one of the only temples ot be rebuilt after the earthquake of 62 AD suggesting the importance of foreign cults to Pompeii, and could have added some historiographical debate to it, arguing it could have only been a small group of wealthy people who rebuilt it, and thus it wasn't so significant to religious practices to the general of Pompeii. Also Lares was fairly straight forward, and in regards to Herculaneum hasn't been completely excavated - and relate this to our limited understanding of religious practices in Herculeneum. A fairly simple Q. There was heaps of stuff to talk about, had to use an extra booklet.

The Water Q - Aqueduct through lead pipes leads water to three areas:

Public Toilets
Public fountains at street intervals
Private houses - i.e. House of the faun

Archaeologiest Question -

'Treasure Hunting archaology' - Kings

Changes made:

Ken Webber
Fiorrelli
Mau
Spinazolla
Other two dudes: forgot their names now.

Change from excavation to preservation and recordings now.
mmm.. heaps of stuff to talk about.

Had to use a spare booklet for all the questions, so was pretty happy with the section. The questions could have been terrible if they wanted them to.

HSC
^^ phew! i said that the aqueducts were connected to lead pipes that distributed water to private houses - i thought i had made a mistake =)

Ademir

HSC
religion question was great, not difficult at all. the archaeology question threw me off because it was at the end of the syllabus so i skipped over it a bit :(

water question was an easy way to lose 3 marks if you didnt study such a small part of the syllabus, but an easy 4 if you did.

HSC
The water supply question was a surprise to see even though it was in the syllabus. Though it seems like i wrote similar things to everyone else so that is quite positive.

bored6

HSC
Anonymous1 said:
The source depicting the temple of Isis was perfect to relate to religion practices in Pompeii. You could have mentioned how it was one of the only temples ot be rebuilt after the earthquake of 62 AD suggesting the importance of foreign cults to Pompeii, and could have added some historiographical debate to it, arguing it could have only been a small group of wealthy people who rebuilt it, and thus it wasn't so significant to religious practices to the general of Pompeii. Also Lares was fairly straight forward, and in regards to Herculaneum hasn't been completely excavated - and relate this to our limited understanding of religious practices in Herculeneum. A fairly simple Q. There was heaps of stuff to talk about, had to use an extra booklet.

The Water Q - Aqueduct through lead pipes leads water to three areas:

Public Toilets
Public fountains at street intervals
Private houses - i.e. House of the faun

Archaeologiest Question -

'Treasure Hunting archaology' - Kings

Changes made:

Ken Webber
Fiorrelli
Mau
Spinazolla
Other two dudes: forgot their names now.

Change from excavation to preservation and recordings now.
mmm.. heaps of stuff to talk about.

Had to use a spare booklet for all the questions, so was pretty happy with the section. The questions could have been terrible if they wanted them to.
Good analysis (Y)

But I disagree with your idea that the Temple of Isis wasn't important. I think the general consensus was that foreign cults had a resonably strong following because they provided a spirituality and mystical overtone that wasn't found in Roman state religion.

Also, i'm pretty sure most religious buildings (even the Temple of Vespian I think? in the case of Mamia) were funded and driven by a small group of wealthy men / women.

doofyduck01

HSC
I liked the core :)

Religion!! yesssssssss did an extensive assignment on that, had too much to write for an 8 marker hahaha

The water one put me off for a second, but i realised it could be interpreted in many ways 'distribution' IE where water is used. I talked about lead pipes, and of course the souce, communal wells and athletic pools in palaestra etc

hahaha i got so carried away with the archaeologists contribution that i forgot about the sources... i had to do asterisks and arrows everywhere, hopefully its not too incoherent for the markers to read...:worried:

good luck for those who have more exams left!!

ahhh tis good to be done :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)