Section I - Law and Society (1 Viewer)

sly fly

HSC
Jazza - yeah I wrote about homosexuality, vagrancy and prostitution being decriminalised to reflect changes in society's moral values. As for moral, political etc.......ur talking about influences on the law. I don't know if that applies to this question coz I can't remember the exact question lol

jezzza

sly fly said:
Jazza - yeah I wrote about homosexuality, vagrancy and prostitution being decriminalised to reflect changes in society's moral values. As for moral, political etc.......ur talking about influences on the law. I don't know if that applies to this question coz I can't remember the exact question lol

hmmmmm im sure that u could have tied it into that.......

mentioning the homosexuality sounds right, and also i think i spoke about the changes in technology and the introduction of the federal spams act 2003 to put pressure on the law to protect people from junk mail.
the influences ont he law stem from society.

i wrote that the law is determined by the society for which it operates within

chuk-a-party

HSC
Isn't question 15 b, becoz it is public law coz of criminal law and it could also be private coz of native title?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
chuk-a-party said:
Isn't question 15 b, becoz it is public law coz of criminal law and it could also be private coz of native title?
I put that coz people can sue for assault and some crimes but I am not sure

q2. I put legal aid, interpretors and court hierachy allows appeals

q3 - as aus is democracy govt of day is representative of society's opinion (as they are ellected based in moral codes)
- mabo case, how increasing recognition of native title by courts and society prompted Native Ttitle Act
-Lobby groups pressure govts into changing laws to meet society...e.g recongition of homosexual relationships in Property (Relationships)Act

_BaadShah_

HSC
i talkd about children in dat past n present question..

how society now recognise children more n through this government ratified CROC which state "best interest of the child" ..etc n mentiond the Childrens(care and protection) ...

is this right??.. it didn't even click to me abt homosexuals.. lol

cheers, ash

Superstar44

HSC
identify a source of domestic and international law

the source of law threw me....
plz tell me i put a source from where international law is the united nations, as it governs most of the international law and treaties conventions stem from.... a source of domestic law is the parliaments of a nation state from where legistlation is made....

did i anwer it omg i had no idea what they meant by "source".....

_BaadShah_

HSC
im not sure aswell...

i wrote the same as u on source of domestic law n international law..

i said UN but referred to multilateral agreements and for domestic i wrote parliament (statute law)..

cheers, ash

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
for source I wrote:
International Law - Treaties, Conventions pursuant to article 38(1) ICJ Statute
Domestic Law - Common Law - i.e law made by judges

I think you could have also said, statute for domestic, and international customary law for international

Skewl

HSC
OMG now im stressing.....for the acceess to justice question i did Equity, rule of law and natural justice....PLZ SOME ONE TELL ME ITS PARTIALLY RIGHT

_BaadShah_

HSC
omg skewl..i did exactly same as u..

but reading in here what most peoples wrote for that answer..i fink we are wrong..

someone please clarify for us .. if we right or wrong...its buggin me n im tryin for study for maths aswell..lol

cheers, ash

kouklitsa

_BaadShah_ said:
omg skewl..i did exactly same as u..

but reading in here what most peoples wrote for that answer..i fink we are wrong..

someone please clarify for us .. if we right or wrong...its buggin me n im tryin for study for maths aswell..lol

cheers, ash
i dont really see how its wrong.. because the question is open to intepretation... it just depends on what the examination committees guidelines and marking criteria are.. but im sure they'd accept a vast variety of responses. dont stress im sure u did fine :)

iluvnathen

HSC
For question 2 there were so many things u cud write. I wrote about legal aid, then about natural justice being reflected in the legal system and the concepts of fairness, equality and equity being taken into consideration in legal decisions, and thus we have access to justice through these concepts.

Multiple choice I went with customary law for Q15 and economic right for Q14 but I could seriously of put 2-3 answers in for both...stupid ambigous questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)