13. D
14. B
15. A

I AM PRETTY CERTAIN ON MOST EXCEPT 5 & 6

dumb_but_smart

Can anyone explain 6 to me?
This is where my answer came from.
Port B e.g. PS/2 can supply power e.g. Infrared Mouse
I have NFI what 'hot swapping' is, so i assumed changing peripherals while the machine is on and you cannot do that with PS/2 because they can short out.
A USB is definately faster than a PS/2, Serial
So Port B can use longer cables?
In practice, the USB specification limits the length of a cable between full speed devices to 5 meters (a little under 16 feet 5 inches). For a low speed device the limit is 3 meters (9 feet 10 inches). www.usb.org
and from browsing you can buy 15' PS/2 Cables and 100' Monitor Cables
Can some1 explain their answer for 6?

Last edited:
yeh for 6 i put a......my reason is because serial is best used for longer transmission, that is, port b, longer cables = longer distance...wherreas port a cant..........not sure?? wat u rekon??and for question 12??...y not d?

dumb_but_smart

12 i was not too sure about, but looking at every1 else's answers, the majority put B aswell. I just assumed that in a shared database, not every1 would be allowed to change data. So the reason for locking the database was so people could only look up information and could not modify the data.
I was going to choose D but i thought the message would be slightly different. eg. This document is locked for editing because another user has the file open. Click 'Notify' to be told when it is free or "Read-Only" to look at the document but you cannot save.

Thats just how i saw it from my opinion, i really have no idea :)

Winston

HSC
Well for question 6

A is not correct, that doesnt make much of a difference at all

B seems to be correct, becoz it cant supply power to it, USB can

C hot swapping is like USB devices, where u can un plug them and swap another device, without rebooting or turning off the machine

D errr that's a load of crap i think USB will be faster than port B

Question 12

Record locking is when someone opens up the record and its locked so that anyone else who goes and opens it up cannot modify or do anything to it until the record is closed by the other user who had it opened, so it's D

Under-stated

Director General
HSC
Q6.
Hey Port B pictured for Mactintosh that ain't a PS/2 port! Therefore the answer to 6 must be B.

Abide

Wie gehts?
HSC
N/A
5 is a because it austomatically updates. D wouldn't do it

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Under-stated
Q6.
Hey Port B pictured for Mactintosh that ain't a PS/2 port! Therefore the answer to 6 must be B.
that's right i nearly got tricked lol but i read back, i duno wat that port is for mac, but that port for IBM should be just a serial port.

c00kiezncreme

Can someone please explain QUESTIONS 5 and 6 and 15 for MC
coz I got
5)A 6)A 15)B

I think it was okay tho.. i really hope I get band 6 but I didnt study much, only 2hours..lol..

I didnt have time, coz i had eco!

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
could someone scan up the multiple choice paper plz ? left mine at school ... they took up the whole booklet

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
Weren't serial ports used long ago to power mouses?

Glide

Question 6 is just a dodgy question..

A) Not true.. the port could even be a USB 2.0 port, which means longer cables are more acceptable
B) This is what I put out of an elimination process.. It makes no sense though, how could a serial mouse function without power?
C) Hotswapping? maybe, win98 allows you to connect a serial mouse if none is detected... and it works without reboot.
D) No. :p

Its a dodgy question...

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
all questions were pretty crappy...
me n friend had like half the MC answers all different -.-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)