Section I - Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

DMT92

HSC
That's exactly what a racist would say.

You sir, are worse than Hitler
Yeah whatever guys, HSC is OVA 4 ME! I was merely commenting on the fact than La Bomba simply irritates me, with his stupidity, and his self administered sense of accomplishment. I am not the only one to be irritated by him. He posts comments on many threads and gets blasted for his stupidity. For example, He HIMSELF sets up the eco thread asking for general thoughts and opinions on band 6 cuttoff marks, and when a responder replies with an opinion, he dismisses them and tells them they are wrong and have no clue. WTF!!!!!!!!. He for some reason is hellbent on proving that he is always correct and that the HSC will work itself out perfectly for him. Band 6 cuttoff will be closer to 85-86 because it was FAR EASIER than past papers, thus diminishing the value of the Scale, Stop convincing yourself that you have done far better than you really have. U may be a nice guy, but dude, your just plain irritating.

Freakstyler09

HSC
12 i got a, gdp increased, but who knows

and q19

Lets say you have a labour force of 100 people, 50 are employed and 50 are unemployed so you have a 50% unemployment

Then 10 people from the employed group are retrenched, and no longer seek work, so the labour force drops to 90 people, 40 are employed and 50 are unemployed, and you have 56% unemployment

ergo the labour force shrinks and the unemployment rate will be higher, B

Make sense?
that's what I got, anybody else get this?

Last edited:

gurmies

Drover
HSC
that's what I got, anybody else get this?
Carefully read the wording of the question. It isn't implying that people are retrenched right now, it states that people were retrenched, and are already contributing to the unemployment rate.

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
lol fukn la bomba, serves you right for being so ridiculously aggressive and incessant

JAM91

HSC
q19

say for instance they are employed and there are 100 people, 10 are unemployed so that means the unemployment rate is 10/100. The question says "they lost their job and did not seek work" so this means that the unemployment rate would now be 10/99 as there is one less person in the labour force. 10/99 is a bigger number than 10/100 so therefore the labour force has decreased and the unemployment rate has increased.

La Bomba

HSC
Yeah whatever guys, HSC is OVA 4 ME! I was merely commenting on the fact than La Bomba simply irritates me, with his stupidity, and his self administered sense of accomplishment. I am not the only one to be irritated by him. He posts comments on many threads and gets blasted for his stupidity. For example, He HIMSELF sets up the eco thread asking for general thoughts and opinions on band 6 cuttoff marks, and when a responder replies with an opinion, he dismisses them and tells them they are wrong and have no clue. WTF!!!!!!!!. He for some reason is hellbent on proving that he is always correct and that the HSC will work itself out perfectly for him. Band 6 cuttoff will be closer to 85-86 because it was FAR EASIER than past papers, thus diminishing the value of the Scale, Stop convincing yourself that you have done far better than you really have. U may be a nice guy, but dude, your just plain irritating.
DMT I am so smart, that the illusion is that I appear stupid. I actualy asked for Band 5 and Band 6 cut off marks, not just band 6...thought id let yu know that, and when someone said 88 i thought that was popostrous, so voiced my valued opinion. as i am a valued member on this board who contributes valid arguements. e.g question 1 in the business studies test being consumer market, not niche. See even when i am wrong, i usualy can proove i am right. thats how smart i am, which will be the distinguishing factor, that may boost my atar past 80, as estimated in an atar estimate thread i posted. and then take over the world by going to u.w.s.

nosh22

HSC
This retard has too much time on his hands.

nosh22

HSC
Btw, I go to school with La Bomba. He's a gun at Economics, state rank for sure.
Back the fuck up!

FFC

HSC
wouldnt the answer to 19 be A. because those who would have contributed to the unemployment rate, in fact did not and removed themselves from the labour force. thus ensuring a lower unemployment rate??? can someone clarify this for me.
Look up, very nice explanation above by madsam

12 i got a, gdp increased, but who knows

and q19

Lets say you have a labour force of 100 people, 50 are employed and 50 are unemployed so you have a 50% unemployment

Then 10 people from the employed group are retrenched, and no longer seek work, so the labour force drops to 90 people, 40 are employed and 50 are unemployed, and you have 56% unemployment

ergo the labour force shrinks and the unemployment rate will be higher, B

Make sense?

ajay12

Can count to potato
HSC
DMT I am so smart, that the illusion is that I appear stupid. I actualy asked for Band 5 and Band 6 cut off marks, not just band 6...thought id let yu know that, and when someone said 88 i thought that was popostrous, so voiced my valued opinion. as i am a valued member on this board who contributes valid arguements. e.g question 1 in the business studies test being consumer market, not niche. See even when i am wrong, i usualy can proove i am right. thats how smart i am, which will be the distinguishing factor, that may boost my atar past 80, as estimated in an atar estimate thread i posted. and then take over the world by going to u.w.s.
I bold the fail.

In regards to Business Studies and the validity of your posts, your posts aren't valid at all. You never back up your answers with contextual arguments at all. In the Business Studies thread, you said "I don't care what you guys think, I believe A is right."

That post discredits your post in this thread. Enjoy UWS.

gurmies

Drover
HSC
How about this situation:

You have a hypothetical labour force of 100 people. 5 people are unemployed and will continue searching and 5 people are unemployed but will stop searching. Before they stop the search, the unemployment rate is 10/100 = 10%. After the retrenched 5 give up, there are now 5 people unemployed and the labour force is 95 people. The new unemployment rate is 5/95 ~ 5.26%, which is lower.

DMT92

HSC
Btw, I go to school with La Bomba. He's a gun at Economics, state rank for sure.
Back the fuck up!
Wow u go to school with la bomba, that means ur as stupid as he is. It pisses me off when people like yourselves believe that your so smart that, i quote "even when i am wrong i can prove that i am right" Three things.

1. No u cant prove u are right, coz UR NOT.
2. U are not "so smart" coz u faioled to understand the most simple of calculations.
3. U and ur friend go to a school ranked 160 or something, u are both hopeless, and u will not top the state, because although u think u are smart at that school, in terms of the state, u are not.

Thankyou, U both are wasting my time, and i actually do have too much time on my hands nosh, coz the hsc is over....Um i think pretty much every1 does actually. Thanks for your input though, its good to see 2 gay men like yourselves stick out for each other.

Oh also, enjoy UWS, and atar of 80 is nuthin 2 go boasting about. have fun at uws.

Last edited:

JAM91

HSC
How about this situation:

You have a hypothetical labour force of 100 people. 5 people are unemployed and will continue searching and 5 people are unemployed but will stop searching. Before they stop the search, the unemployment rate is 10/100 = 10%. After the retrenched 5 give up, there are now 5 people unemployed and the labour force is 95 people. The new unemployment rate is 5/95 ~ 5.26%, which is lower.
yeah but the question says "people retrenched from their jobs did not actively seek work"

not "they lost there job then searched for work and then stopped looking"

because technically if they lost there job and then searched for work the labour force wouldnt have changed. just looks like you overthought about it. It was more designed so that most people would just think "ok the labour force is lower so that must mean the unemployment rate is lower" is what i think

gurmies

Drover
HSC
yeah but the question says "people retrenched from their jobs did not actively seek work"

not "they lost there job then searched for work and then stopped looking"

because technically if they lost there job and then searched for work the labour force wouldnt have changed. just looks like you overthought about it. It was more designed so that most people would just think "ok the labour force is lower so that must mean the unemployment rate is lower" is what i think
Hmm, I see where you are coming from.

La Bomba

HSC
Wow u go to school with la bomba, that means ur as stupid as he is. It pisses me off when people like yourselves believe that your so smart that, i quote "even when i am wrong i can prove that i am right" Three things.

1. No u cant prove u are right, coz UR NOT.
2. U are not "so smart" coz u faioled to understand the most simple of calculations.
3. U and ur friend go to a school ranked 160 or something, u are both hopeless, and u will not top the state, because although u think u are smart at that school, in terms of the state, u are not.

Thankyou, U both are wasting my time, and i actually do have too much time on my hands nosh, coz the hsc is over....Um i think pretty much every1 does actually. Thanks for your input though, its good to see 2 gay men like yourselves stick out for each other.

Oh also, enjoy UWS, and atar of 80 is nuthin 2 go boasting about. have fun at uws.
1.my atar was predicted 80. that is 80% smarter than the rest of the yr.12 state.
2. if u are wasting ur time do not bother replying, and accept that u are not as smart as me, and u seem to waste ur time by editing ur posts so often.
3. you may go to a rich school, but that doesnt make u smarter. thats like saying a ferrari will beat smokey naggatas 1000bhp nissan skyline.
4. you sound like you couldn't bench press more than 30 pounds, if you're arguements as weak as you are in the gym.
5. nosh is not a guy, as shown below her name, which clearly states female, which again shows u are quite stupid.
6. im prety sure i pick up more chicks in my toyota supra 1998 vvti naturally aspirated japanese import, and have more chicks chasing after me due to my ruged good looks, than u ever would have in ur life, sounds like ur trying to cover something up by consistently saying "fag".
7. you need to adopt a chocko attitude, it may help u get sum chicks mate.

DMT92

HSC
1.my atar was predicted 80. that is 80% smarter than the rest of the yr.12 state.
2. if u are wasting ur time do not bother replying, and accept that u are not as smart as me, and u seem to waste ur time by editing ur posts so often.
3. you may go to a rich school, but that doesnt make u smarter. thats like saying a ferrari will beat smokey naggatas 1000bhp nissan skyline.
4. you sound like you couldn't bench press more than 30 pounds, if you're arguements as weak as you are in the gym.
5. nosh is not a guy, as shown below her name, which clearly states female, which again shows u are quite stupid.
6. im prety sure i pick up more chicks in my toyota supra 1998 vvti naturally aspirated japanese import, and have more chicks chasing after me due to my ruged good looks, than u ever would have in ur life, sounds like ur trying to cover something up by consistently saying "fag".
7. you need to adopt a chocko attitude, it may help u get sum chicks mate.
A few things.
1. an atar of 80 is not 80% smarter than the rest of the year 12 state, that only means u are 80% smarter than the dumbest kid in the state, and there is still 20% who are better than u.
2. Ur arguments are weak, u actually havent won any yet in both eco and from the look of things business as well.
3. i could bench more than twice whatever u could, because as u said, i go 2 a rich school, and play rugby, where u must be strong and have to train and lift weights like every day. sorry bro. It is usually those who are often so concerned with their looks, or lack thereof, that they even instigate weight training. I must admit i dont really do much weight training, i naturally am bulky and would destroy u.
4. I have seen so many guys like u. You are one of those scum, who speed around in crappy cars from 1998, which are worth nuthin, with ur windows down, music loud, greased hair, u are probs the skinniest little guy, most of ur kind are. U dont know, but u are the laughing stock of so many people and schools, u dont even no it, most normal chicks think ur kind are disgusting. The chicks that are supposedly after u are more often than not extremely ugly, often covered in make up and wearing the shortest skirts, all in a bid to make themselves look good.
4. My beamer (if i was stupid enough to race u) would smash ur ancient metalbox, although i dont think much or racing and just makes me think of u as one of those stupid 'thugs' who enjos racing and speeding - 'Fully sick BRO'. (SARCASM).
5. have fun at U.W.S, guys of ur kind belong there.

I am not extremely rich, my parents just love me enough to send me 2 a good school, where i can get the best opportunities and thus get a higher atar than u (80). I am also going on a holiday 2morrow morning for a month and am packing up as i speak, so u can reply if u wish, but i wont be reading it, but by all means just show everyone how stupid u really are.

La Bomba

HSC
1. i am not sure if u know anything about cars. mata my supra would beat ur bmw. it is around 5.8 seconds to 100km/h's and 210 hp of naturaly aspirated power. beamas arent good cars bro, bmw 318i's have about 96 KW of power which is a laughable, crap piece of german engineering. the best cars in the world are japanese. e.g supra, skyline gtr.
2. u ppl who play rugby dont know the first thing about bodybuilding. lmao. and for your info i bench press 275 lbs maximum and 350lbs max deadlift which is more than you, and i have been going to the gym 5 months, and have already acheived 16 inch arms . i also have a 40 inch vertical jump which shows my athleticism and explosive strength is better also. and unfortunately rudgy boy u wuldnt destroy me, u are obviously r just wat us bodybuilders call an endomorph who has a little bit of muscle and high body fat that gives you your "bulk". i on the other hand am a pure mesomorph, 86kg at 7% body fat.
3. I believe the term is a hoon, and yes mata u are right, windows down, mtx subwoofers, and a prologic amplifier mate, chicks love it mate, but wait why r u saying id be going fast? max speed limit for P plates is 90 km/h mate, wuldnt wana break the law =).
4. some "normal chicks" only wuld say that a) they musnt be good looking enuf to be able to get our "kind". i believe ur definition of "your kind" is "wogs" not half obvious bro, u jus a playa hater. So what do you people do, sit down at school and have a cup of tea and say,, ohh yess they are such car hoons, al they bring is troubleee, oh geee their terrible" lmao. gee grow up mate and stop living in a bubble.
5. I believe it is gelled hair, not greased hair.

Last edited:

daniel81

HSC
What the fuck does any of this about cars and rugby have to do with the Economics multiple choice.

Nikkay75

Flashbackk
HSC
It's hilarious how everyone decides to use UWS as an example of failure in the HSC. Instead of everyone claiming how they are correct, why don't you all just fucking wait until you get your marks back. If you can back up your claims with a band six then that's alright.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)