Section I - Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

dela_

HSC
N/A
Lol for 8 i put C cause i thought if there was high inflation, the reserve bank will increase interest rate to lower inflationary pressure thus allowing people who deposit into banks increase their money cause of increase in savings rate....thats what would probably happen in the long term anyways
wouldn't 12 be c ..:S

kev-is-red

HSC
N/A
are those teachers answers 100% correct?
Even though she is an amazing teacher and I can't see her making a mistake, there is always a chance. But the guy who is topping my class got $1500 as well.

I fucking hope they are wrong.

Lis020393

HSC
ok but if there's an increase in demand for the $A wouldn't that result in a decreased supply of $A as shown in the graph? with the $A appreciating from 0.60 to 0.70 US?
I don't really understand your reasoning for it being C but you're probably right

friend177

HSC
Even though she is an amazing teacher and I can't see her making a mistake, there is always a chance. But the guy who is topping my class got $1500 as well.

I fucking hope they are wrong.
i fucking hope they are right. cause i had to make a punt between c and d and a i chose c of all of them did it in last minute

stevey6404

HSC
beats me i put C is to..
Can't be C cause it's asking for economic expansion ON the gov..so if it expands..there would be more income --> thus more tax for government..and lower u/e, so lower u/e payments.

y510920

HSC
Uni Grad
Can't be C cause it's asking for economic expansion ON the gov..so if it expands..there would be more income --> thus more tax for government..and lower u/e, so lower u/e payments.
This.

can't believe i got one wrong...could have got full marks. question 3, how is it C???? i put D, firstly, a lower competition in the product market means that inefficient industries still exist and won't decline, which means there will not be any structural unemployment, which reduce the size of nairu???

y510920

HSC
Uni Grad
I spent 10 min on the 1st question.
My god that was a tough MC :/
what....answer was C pretty easy....increase in the price of oil makes transportation of goods and labours to overseas more expensive, doesn't that hinder and slow down the process of globalisation?

Last edited:

Lis020393

HSC
This.

can't believe i got one wrong...could have got full marks. question 3, how is it C???? i put D, firstly, a lower competition in the product market means that inefficient industries still exist and won't decline, which means there will not be any structural unemployment, which reduce the size of nairu???
I put D as well and I don't really get why it's C, wouldn't increasing factor market competition increase unemployment rate rather than decrease it?
Good job on getting one wrong, I got 5 or 6 wrong from the answers posted up here

Mjontrix

Premium Member
HSC
IM PRETYTY FKN SURE 12 IS C, read the question carefully

friend177

HSC
IM PRETYTY FKN SURE 12 IS C, read the question carefully
yeah i thought by expansion the governemnt have spended more money which is expenditure and less revenue...
i did c as well..

Last edited:

Mjontrix

Premium Member
HSC
I interpreted the question like ''what will the government do in an economic expansion/expansionary policy''

weirdguy99

HSC
N/A
yeah i thought by expansion the governemnt have spended more money which is expenditure and less revenue...
Economic expansion refers to an increase in economic growth. Thus, the government would gain more revenue as more people move into higher tax brackets (eco growth leads to increase wages) and unemployment would drop leading to less transfer payments.

silence--

HSC
question asks for the 'impact' of an economic expansion

which i interpreted as: the expansion has already happened, what will be the effect on govt. So D.

but really idk anymore, not sure about anything. HAHA :L i'll just wait for determine or someone equally tank to post some solutions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)