Section I - Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

supimjocktopus

HSC
It's definitely not selling approach. Selling approach is about tryingto sell existing products/ products that are not innovative. Marketing approach is abotu market research, it is the same as production approach but finding out what customers want - the business did not do market research. It is therefore production approach. Despite advertising, the main feature of the business was its product. Enough arguing now.
It cannot be the production approach as it directly says that there is an advertising campaign. Businesses which use the production approach have the mindset that the the demand of their product is higher than the supply for it, meaning that no advertising campaign is needed. The last point you said does not have any particular relevance to the approaches (except for marketing, of course), and deals with a different topic.

No, it is the marketing approach. It's definitely not the selling approach, because the all important indicator of that is the use of a salesperson to physically bring the product to the consumer, which the business did not do. The marketing approach involves creating a product that a large group of consumers will desire and that caters to their needs AND THEN promoting it appropriately through the use of advertising. This is EXACTLY what the business in the question has done. Sorry guys :)
But the marketing approach is solely based around collecting information that determines the needs and wants of the customer. The question does not specifically state that any research has been conducted. It's like saying that throughout the 1920s-1960s, when the selling approach dominated, that developing new or innovative products is impossible without market research.

Also, you have only outlined one aspect of the selling approach, it has a much wider scope than just the "use of a salesperson".

shannan94

HSC
It's definitely not selling approach.
lol. Your high level of ignorance in the face of overwhelming confidence amuses me.

Selling approach is about tryingto sell existing products/ products that are not innovative.
No it isn't. Instead of researching what goods/services the customer wanted, companies were producing what the company could make and getting their sales representatives to create demand hence the "advertising" emphasised in the stimulus to the question.

So you are telling me that a business has never used the selling approach to market an innovative product?

It is therefore production approach. Despite advertising, the main feature of the business was its product. Enough arguing now.
Again, no.

The main feature of the business was not the product because if that was the case they would have relied on the quality of the product alone to attract customers and demand would have outstripped supply most likely thus removing the need for advertising, yet, this is not the case because the business must run advertising to inform the customers of its products benefits.

Enough arguing now.
Maybe you should take your own advice instead of fueling the argument with false facts.

For the last time - It is definitely the selling approach, no it is not production, no it is not marketing.

Argument/

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
My hsc is next year but my teacher brought the paper into class today, i did this section and according to some of the answers put up i got 13/20. Not sure if good or bad, seeing as i'm only up to operations processes so far lol

imbored2

HSC
I had:
1. D
2. B (wrong)
3. A
4. B
5. C
6. B
7. A
8. B (wrong)
9. B
10. C
11. C
12. B
13. D
14. A
15. D
16. A
17. A
18. D
19. B
20. D (wrong)
Yep, got the same as you except a couple of them. Should hopefully get atleast 17/18...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)