Section I Part B (1 Viewer)

weirdguy99

HSC
N/A
Hey,

What did you guys get for the motors and generators question that asked something along the lines of 'why is the net force on the coil zero?'..or something like that.

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey,

What did you guys get for the motors and generators question that asked something along the lines of 'why is the net force on the coil zero?'..or something like that.
You should say something about the forces on the sides of the coil are equal, but in opposite direction. Therefore net force = 0

weirdguy99

HSC
N/A
You should say something about the forces on the sides of the coil are equal, but in opposite direction. Therefore net force = 0
One of my friends wrote something along the lines of 'the coil will rotate to become perpendicular to the magnetic field and become stationary, and the force on side AB is equal and opposite to the force on side DC, thus the net force is equal to zero'. Is that also acceptable? He said it was stationary because there was no split-ring commutator.

o_0

HSC
One of my friends wrote something along the lines of 'the coil will rotate to become perpendicular to the magnetic field and become stationary, and the force on side AB is equal and opposite to the force on side DC, thus the net force is equal to zero'. Is that also acceptable? He said it was stationary because there was no split-ring commutator.

i wrote exactly that lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)