Section I - WWI and its Aftermath (1 Viewer)

nwatts

HSC
Thoughts? Comments? A sigh of relief that the worst part of the course is over?

cimbom

HSC
... They asked about the Somme and Trench Warfare. Very easy... i hate myself for cramming all that stuff about Women, Mobilisation, Total War... if only we knew. That's what's stupid about the hsc, especially WW1- we have to learn so much for like 6mks of "using your own knowledge".

HSC
haha so true cimbom

I could have stopped at the second syllabus dot point ._.

I liked the question, gave some good scope for rambling quickly and didn't take too long to analyse the sources.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
cimbom said:
... They asked about the Somme and Trench Warfare. Very easy... i hate myself for cramming all that stuff about Women, Mobilisation, Total War... if only we knew. That's what's stupid about the hsc, especially WW1- we have to learn so much for like 6mks of "using your own knowledge".
haha thats why you don't study it :uhhuh:

review it lightly and then get own knowledge from what the sources remind you of.

gotten me full marks in trial and half yearly

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
It's always this section where I lose the most marks, like 5+ or something (anyone else like this?). Hopefully I should be fine this time, maybe only lose a couple of marks cus I wrote quite alot to make sure. :)

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
_dhj_ said:
It's always this section where I lose the most marks, like 5+ or something (anyone else like this?). Hopefully I should be fine this time, maybe only lose a couple of marks cus I wrote quite alot to make sure. :)
Yep, Trial this section i screwed pretty bad, 23/30... yet national studies i got 39/40 for, obvious where the weak bit is....

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
yea.. for trials this was like 24/30 compared to national studies 40/40 lol

zelba

HSC
Question -

Did people say the whole internet thing for source D impacted on its reliability??

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
The site ending in a .com threw the reliability into question.
I wrote something along those lines hah

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
wat u mean tyhe worst part of the course is over
did u do ww1 separate to the rest?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
this was embarassingly easy compared to the other topics. ridiculous.

now for ext. and physics tomorrow :eek:

boite nature

HSC
loved section 1. I saw the first question about the date from the timeline and was like 'thankyou'. I really needed that section one to make up for section 3. argh bloody ireland....

stv_87

HSC
did anyone turn the poem into an english examination, i mean i talked about the use iof poetic techniques in creating an emotive, popular poem, thus unreliable. probly got about 5 hoping for 23 out of 30.

jennylim

HSC
haha, i was one of the few people who voted for the stalemate on the poll over on the modern history thread...so woot!!! i liked those questions very much - straightforward and nice. good sources, too.

eta: stv i did!! the emotive nature of the poem and its persuasive purpose greatly undermines the extent to which it can be treated as an objective, informative source...etc.

cimbom

HSC
stv_87 said:
did anyone turn the poem into an english examination, i mean i talked about the use iof poetic techniques in creating an emotive, popular poem, thus unreliable. probly got about 5 hoping for 23 out of 30.
--- I think I did. I was talking about all this emotive language etc. i felt like i was doing paper1 AOS, I almost wrote down "thus the outcome of the journey..." :|

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
Yep, I talked about how the emotive language and rhyme cast doubt on its objectivity... I thought i was done with english!

johnny_87

HSC
Not really. I argued the ooposite. Sassoon's poem is a PRIMARY SOURCE, meaning that he was a witness to the events. He was part of trench warfare day in, day out.

Source D, on the other hand, was less reliable because of its inconsistencies. It states "the typical soldier would only be called upon to engage in fighting a handful of times a year". If I'm not wrong, soldiers would often fight on an almost daily basis. Only some sections saw little activity. It also speaks about trenches being busiest at night, but fails to even mention night-time attacks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)