Section II -Cross Religion Study - Religious Rites (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
How did you all go in the religious rites essay?
Which rite did you choose?

edit: it was such a generic question
I did passage of course
Marriage

Last edited:

Kutay

University
HSC
how do they go about marking section 2? like i wasn't happy in the way i answered it as it wasn't that well structured and lost of information just plunged into (not really an essay if you know what i mean) i was wondering also when they mark it say if the average was very poort do they push the marks up ?

SlaminSammy

HSC
I did rites of passage - marriage - Judaism and Chirstianity
I killed it - i shall be getting 20/20
I wrote 14 pages man

i already knew the answers to most of the short answers - cept that one about the quote - i still did well... and the mulitple choice took like 5 minutes. I had like 1 hour for the essay! had heaps to say too!

AreYouAlright?

Actuarial Co-op 2006
HSC
SlaminSammy said:
I did rites of passage - marriage - Judaism and Chirstianity
I killed it - i shall be getting 20/20
I wrote 14 pages man

i already knew the answers to most of the short answers - cept that one about the quote - i still did well... and the mulitple choice took like 5 minutes. I had like 1 hour for the essay! had heaps to say too!
I did exactly the same thing, had 1 hr for the essay spent 1/2 hr focusing of significance for individuals through symbolism and 1/2 hr on significance for groups through nature, role and function of officiating celebrant. All up 8 pages but strongly related to the question... This was the most easiest Religious Rites question i have ever come across

Last edited:
HSC
i did
communion service for christianity
synagogue service for judaism

i didnt study the cross religion ting in class

so i memorised an essay from the back of an in a month book

i went out with style

Hempy

did i do it wrong?

Yeah, I did synagogue and holy communion as well, but everyone I have talked to did marriage. I am worried that they are not the same rite, so I will lose marks. Did anyone else fo the same?

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Rite of personal devotion: prayer

In Christianity and Islam. Knew NOTHING about Christianity.

Twiggyy

twiggy
HSC
heyy

loved the question
wrote bout public worship with the church and the mosque
but jst wana ask.. ok wen they ask u to evaluate the significance...that means discuss good and bad right? (legal studies terminology lol)
so wat i did was discuss all the great things bout public worship then discuss how ppl feel allienated by traditional religions and churches seem outdates and dnt appeal thus some individuals do not experience the bonds of a community in piblic worship bla bla bla...
i only spent a small paragraph on it
is that wat we were supose 2 do?
btw minee was like 12 pages so i mainly talked bout all the good stuff bout pw.

dumbralph

HSC
no evalute is make a judgement of based on creitea etc etc...like...communion is an important aspect of the Christian as it likes their beliefs of Jesus t their everday life...etc etc...if urve discussed the good and bad u havent evaluated...

Twiggyy

twiggy
HSC
^^^ ohh ok.. well yea in my conclusion i pretty much summed up how overall pw holds value for individuals n groups.. but that evaluate word jst got me thinking cuz i had legal an hour b4 so jst wanted 2 add it in jst in case lol
it was only like a small paragraph in a huge essay so i hope they dnt mark me down lol
but thanx 4 ur response

ahmi

HSC
it's ok...I did rite of passage
Baptism for Christian
Birt Malah + Brit Bat for Judaism

sumhow I was really relaxing when I did it, I wrote it really slow....
but I didnt think I did really well~, coz I couldnt remember much for it

Lushious88

HSC
broad question

Religious rites was okay- very broad question. I did funerals, in Judaism & Christianity...except I wrote a whole lot more on Judaism, cause i remembered more...i do 2 unit, so i just had a mental blank, with rites- it was the topic i least prepared for..
hope you all were happy with the exam!

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
That question was soooo good. I was glad it wasnt harder and it was broad cos you could basically say anything. I did Rites of Passage- Christianity and Judaism and focused on many things. Wrote only 13 pages cos my hand was dead from Legal.

loaman

HSC
hey all i hav an assingment about rites of passage and marriage. i am doin cchristianity under the variant catholics and also judaism. i am however finding alot of trouble finding information so if someone could direct me 2 a site or place where it has alot of information it would be greatly appreciated ch
cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)