Section II - National Studies (1 Viewer)

pb1234

HSC
Did anyone else struggle with the russia questions? i did question A and it was tough!

jenslekman

HSC
Did anyone else struggle with the russia questions? i did question A and it was tough!
i did A too. i found the russia question the easiest out of all four sections though =P

what did you write about? :)

MK888

HSC
For Germany I really wanted a Nazis in power question but neither were too horrific and I just ended up doing part a and think I did okay :)

pb1234

HSC
i did A too. i found the russia question the easiest out of all four sections though =P

what did you write about? :)
I wrote about how communist theory was that everyone was equal, but the peasants were treated so harshly(grain requesitioned etc), how lenin was glamorised(petrograd changed to leningrad), and how the NEP was a partial return to capitalism. and i can't remember anything else. haha you?

jenslekman

HSC
I wrote about how communist theory was that everyone was equal, but the peasants were treated so harshly(grain requesitioned etc), how lenin was glamorised(petrograd changed to leningrad), and how the NEP was a partial return to capitalism. and i can't remember anything else. haha you?
from memory i wrote about treaty of b-l and war communism - how communist theory was unsuccessful/made them lose power. also talked about NEP - how being pragmatic and abandoning communist theory atually allowed them to consolidate power - and a few other things. i guess your ideas are quite similar to mine =P

pb1234

HSC
from memory i wrote about treaty of b-l and war communism - how communist theory was unsuccessful/made them lose power. also talked about NEP - how being pragmatic and abandoning communist theory atually allowed them to consolidate power - and a few other things. i guess your ideas are quite similar to mine =P
haha good to see. How many pages did you write?

Kieran95

HSC
@Enoilgam - What would you have written about for the rise of hitler question?

humbletaco

HSC
N/A
^ This. I also said how their actions reflected some of the values of Communist Theory but was appropriated to suit their economic/political/social situation. i.e civil war. Also how War Communism contributed towards their consolidation of power by gaining control of industry and they maintained that into the NEP

enoilgam

HSC
@Enoilgam - What would you have written about for the rise of hitler question?
To be honest I would have avoided that question - it's the kind of question which requires more thought then can be had in a three hour exam (nonetheless, a great question though). I probably would have said that the statement is largely true, although other factors should have been considered. This is how I would have argued it out:

Lack of opposition from the German public - especially wealthy industrialists who liked Hitler.
Lack of opposition from the Army.
Lack of strong and organised political movement to oppose Nazism.
Other factors influenced it (Great Depression and dislike of Weimar).

I dont think I would have got a great response from that question.

RedDevilAmit

HSC
I did Russia part A, just talked about each part of their consolidation of power and compared which policies were circumstancial and which ones were ideological. Dunno if I'm right but just hoping for the best hahah. Surprised to see no power struggle question, everyone in my class was expecting it !

scarvesss

howdy doo
HSC
i did part b for germany, and was the easiest part. does the fact that most people would have steered away from that question (i was only person in my class i think) mean anything in terms of marking when they do the question difficulty scaling and such?

pb1234

HSC
from memory i wrote 4 - how many WORDS did you write for each section? :p
haha no clue - i have pretty big handwriting i guess, but i did 5 pages on russia, 5.5 on peace/conflict(Indochina), and i think 7 on personality study(Ho chi minh). what about you?

jenslekman

HSC
haha no clue - i have pretty big handwriting i guess, but i did 5 pages on russia, 5.5 on peace/conflict(Indochina), and i think 7 on personality study(Ho chi minh). what about you?
good to know that someone else here does russia lol. i have pretty small handwriting i guess but i wrote 4 pgs for russia, 5pgs for trotsky - probably overwrote, 3pgs for cold war - pretty worried about the 3pgs... :(

jenslekman

HSC
How'd you go with Trostky, jenslekman?
not too well actually - a) my 3 were 1905 revolution, 1917 revolution and permanent revolution theory - last bit was a bit :S. part b) negative impacts - treaty of b/l, war communism; positive impacts - civil war - but i should've discussed the 1917 revolution as it was more important - didn't really want to talk about his post 1925 life lol. wbu?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)