Section II - Societies (1 Viewer)

vantastic

HSC
Sparta was sick! I had stacks of sources for the role of the kings, and all of the other questions were eaaaaaasy

mzch33kii1

HSC
The Sparta section was good! If we got a cultural or everday life question i would have just walked out becoz i didnt evn bother lookn at dose sections. Wud hav knwn nufngggg!

But i agree. da roles of the kings for a 12 marker was pathetic. i rote wayy more for the economy question which was 10 then roles nd the source was pretty much useless but ah well. Overall fair exam :)

Blobulator

HSC
Did Old Kingdom Egypt society here. Pretty easy stuff. Ma'at was simple. Wall reliefs themselves rather than what they depict threw me a bit but I dealt with it through the magic of Barbara Watterson hahaha. Agriculture's importance to the economy was pretty obvious, as was the role of women. Pleased overall. :)

LOLivia

HSC
Sparta over all wasn't so bad, but I don't think I was in depth enough, I think thats what I lack is my attention to detail in my answers, urrgh..
took me so long to remember gerousia which is really frustrating cause I KNEW the answer I just totally blanked.
ECONOMY QUESTION? nap probably all wrong, what did everyone write?

lovvvved the 12 mark, but don't think I mentioned the source enough FML.

atal.love

HSC
Anyone do Athenian Society? I had no f*cking idea what the source was. Never seen it in my life and I have no idea how the hell anyone would have :/. My teacher told me when we got out what it was, and I was way off. He insisted we spent 5 minutes on it in class one lesson but I really couldn't remember it at all, and had never come across it in my study.

Anyone else in the same position with their source?

YES.
i looked at it and was like o_O
& made some crap up about it.
the 12 marker was so strange...
on a citizen's ROLE in democracy?
yeh, screwed that one up. D:

HSC
Sparta over all wasn't so bad, but I don't think I was in depth enough, I think thats what I lack is my attention to detail in my answers, urrgh..
took me so long to remember gerousia which is really frustrating cause I KNEW the answer I just totally blanked.
ECONOMY QUESTION? nap probably all wrong, what did everyone write?

lovvvved the 12 mark, but don't think I mentioned the source enough FML.
economy: iron bars, perioeci/helots, trade, kleroi/land ownership, and weaponery and pottery.

umm the 12 marker i agree, it was good however, the source was so not helpful? i just kept trying to fit it into my answer, so i dont lose a mark. but yeah you only have to refer to it once or twice anyways, so i'm sure you did good.

JB10

HSC
Sparta questions were sweet. Liked all the questions so hopefully went alright.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
YES.
i looked at it and was like o_O
& made some crap up about it.
the 12 marker was so strange...
on a citizen's ROLE in democracy?
yeh, screwed that one up. D:
I'm glad I wasn't the only one then. Seriously, looking at the other options their sources all appear so much less specific. I don't know how they could've expected everyone to know what the hell that was. Considering our teacher essentially tought us the unit out of the Excel study guide, and we didn't have text books, I had no idea.

This unit's usually one of my best but I honestly think it's going to lose me heaps of marks.

wavecrush91

HSC
I did Ramesside egypt, and woop woop for the questions. Spot on for the women's role, our teacher has been stressing to us so many times that they LOVE to put question on women. lol. Overall fairly easy exam.

Dratini

HSC
Sparta was awsome. i loved the questions. I wasn't too sure about economy but i think i did ok in that question. i loved the kings question. i remember thinking the morning of the exam "I hope there's a kings question" and there was! our trial had a kings question and i felt i knew kings really well. i'm glad it was the big marker.

Overall, i was extremely happy with the questions and i think my answers were good.

ashleighjade

HSC
Minoans = EPIC WIN. When they pulled out Palace Economy I was like YESBITCHYES! Palace economy is about the easiest thing you can talk about apart from craft and industry. Was also pretty stoked about women and buildings - focused on women and religion and was like what other women... ahemahem... =S =D

cassiecocaine

HSC
Everyone was so happy with Sparta, but really, I wasn't that thrilled. Was a bit stumped on economy before I remembered the iron bars, and the kings? I don't think I wrote enough, really. Hope I did okay :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)