Section II (1 Viewer)

julia21

HSC
yeah 27 C) i had them as equal chance? hmm.. what you guys do for 25 A)?
i dont think they're equal chance the fisrt chick has 2/100 and the second can 2/200 so the first has double the prob but yeah pretty stupid q for 4 marks???i had -2x-9 for 25ai couldn't do 28c and ran out of time :( and i skipped the simpsons rule q and was going to come back but didnt ... also couldnt do 28 b part ii but over all thought it was ok needed more time ..... and the gov question was pretty irrelevant haha i said something about birth rate and schooling or something

mystiques4

Awesome Member
HSC
and the gov question was pretty irrelevant haha i said something about birth rate and schooling or something
I wrote that they would need to determine the age of children in the area if they were to consider opening a high school. I.E they need to check if there is a large amount of Year 4/5/6 students that will require a high school in the future, justifying the building of another school.

pooksta

HSC
i think for the raffle ticket 27 c you could do a probaility tree , multiply along the lines and add to get her probability. i got marys prob. to be 2% chance and janes 1.99%

chrisvec

HSC
i got mary having a 2/100 = 1/50 chance of winningwhilst jane was a 2/100 = 1/100 chance therefore mary has a greater chance

chrisvec

HSC
with 26 a) ii) the IQR = 50% and there is 25% of scores under the lower quartile as as the 4 sections are broken up into quarters therefore 25% in each section

HSC
with 26 a) ii) the IQR = 50% and there is 25% of scores under the lower quartile as as the 4 sections are broken up into quarters therefore 25% in each section
ffs I don't remember being taught that though it makes sense i guess. Lost marks now = 6. Probably more due to silly mistakes.

m3mphis

HSC
so 75 percent right or not? i just looked and saw the upper quartile rang is in line with 5 hours, therefore anything below it must be 75 percent.

emma211

HSC
so 75 percent right or not? i just looked and saw the upper quartile rang is in line with 5 hours, therefore anything below it must be 75 percent.
I'm pretty sure it was 75%

What did people write for 26 (a) (iii) ?

I wrote that it would be true if the same number of girls and boys were surveyed..dunno if thats right

walesluke

HSC
i said if same number of boys and girls aswell.

overall this was a hard paper and i think 90+ is going to be a really good score.

mean is gonna be low so 80's will be scaled up into 90's maybe.

cause 06,07, and 08 95+ was good cause they were so much easier.

dont stress too much everyone. unless of course you were stupid enough to leave out the back page.

TaraBella

HSC
I'm pretty sure it was 75%

I wrote that it would be true if the same number of girls and boys were surveyed..dunno if thats right
I said like it would be true if there were the same amount of outlyer girls int he 5-6 range as the small amount of boys in the 5-6 range. As it is more condensed for boys up in the 5-6 range, there would have to be a smaller amount of boys to have to accomidate to the amount of girls. Idk . lol I dont know if im right.

emma211

HSC
I said like it would be true if there were the same amount of outlyer girls int he 5-6 range as the small amount of boys in the 5-6 range. As it is more condensed for boys up in the 5-6 range, there would have to be a smaller amount of boys to have to accomidate to the amount of girls. Idk . lol I dont know if im right.
haha i just got so confused by that answer.

aaronzimmermann

HSC
emma211 said:

I put it would be true if there was more girls than boys because the graph shows that boys spend longer on the internet than girls.

Intermission

HSC
Yeah, it's more girls than boys. It's gotta be, if there is to be the same number of girls outside their interquartile range as there are boys close to their median.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)