Section III - Business Report (1 Viewer)

ilovesilly

HSC
N/A
CRAP! i thought the higher accounts receivables meant that it was receiving more acc receivables per year?! that's why i wrote strategies for improving the increased overdraft... could i still get full marks if i wrote about control of current liabilities i.e. overdraft?

deedle

HSC
I went:

Date
To
From
1.0 Executive Summary
2.0 Ethical Aspects
- Listed all possible ethical/legal aspects (5 I think???) before choosing:
-- Deceptive and Misleading Advertising
---Price Discrimination
3.0 Rah di Rah
- Factoring
- Discounts for Early Payment
4.0 Communications Systems
- I listed all three, defined all three (4.1, 4.2, 4.3) then wrote a paragraph addressing the impact of introducing them collectively to Rushworth Pty Ltd, as it didn't specify an amount.
5.0 Recommendations

I did a bit of an ad-lib, unorthodox and less structured approach than normal with more dot points but I think it went well! I'm hoping for around 18-20. It took bloody 60 minutes and 8 pages though.

nicholaslucas

HSC
CRAP! i thought the higher accounts receivables meant that it was receiving more acc receivables per year?! that's why i wrote strategies for improving the increased overdraft... could i still get full marks if i wrote about control of current liabilities i.e. overdraft?
This would have been the case if Sales increased. But as sales remained the same between 2009 an 2010, and receivables and overdrafts increasing, this represented worsening liquidity.

stevey6404

HSC
Would reviewing current credit policy and making changes to it be fine? Like shortening credit payment date and/or limiting the amount that customers can purchase on credit?

MadGold777

HSC
Anyone what type of marks my report will get....

I managed to address the ethical and legal aspects with warrenty and misleading and deceptive advertising, also included how the fair trade practices act may get involved,
For the fincial issus I picked working capital and said one way was to factor and then pay of overdraft with sales profits to therefore reduce interest on the overdraft.
And for the communication sytems i wrote the all the communication systems, and how they will increase job satisafaction, quality of working life, reduced industrial conflict, provide more employees in the decision-making process and in turn reduce the staff absentism, and what ever else they provided on as a measure (I forget.)
Had fairly dodgey structure and didnt go into to much depth :p
What marks would range would i be looking at?

kalibali

HSC
I got most of it right except for the financial issue bit, Lol i said to create a flat structure instead of heirarchal, and to vary business practices and policies to gain employee satisfaction instead of financial costs of retraining....ahhaa heres hope the markers give me some marks on the financial issue bit :p

Italian4uc

HSC
i talked about deceptive and misleading advertising & then did implied conditions. and then talked about factoring and discounts on early payments? is that RIGHT? cause I'm freaking out a bit thinking it should have just been either factoring, leasing or sale and leaseback. and then i talked about the communications procedures - grievance, team briefings, worker participation and my teacher said that was right...

Italian4uc

HSC
that's where you wrong, you were meant to talk about the communications systems, my teacher told us after the exam.

Tennisaddict

HSC
For mine:

Ethical/Legal Marketing: Creation of needs and Deceptive/Misleading advertisment
Financial: I explained both issues (liquidity and effciency) and gave 2 strategies to improve liquidity (control of CA through notification and open communication, and discounts for early payment of acc. rec. and control of CL through distrbution, don't pay until the last minute, have a good relationship with acc. pay.)
Emp. Relations: talked about the ST problems with the implementatin of any change, such as conflict. and talked about the LT increase in efficiency through clear understanding of tasks and MGT goals + clear understanding of employees needs and wants. + stratergies to implement the change most effectively.

I deviated from the questions a bit, but i'm confident i covered what the question asked... so idk. I was prepared for marketing essay!:lol:

HSC
Re: Section three Q 26

By liquidity i meant the working captial ratio. Like i said that factoring can be used to sell off the high levels of accounts revieables which could improve the current assets the current liabilities ratio. Then sale and lease back i said they may be able to sell of assets to be able to pay off the overdraft which again improves the working captial of the business and its liqduity.

?
Ohhhh... smart people. I don't think I didn't even pick up on that... wow I feel really stupid..... Anyway in that case off course liquidity is correct.

Last edited:
HSC
The dot point for these is dispute resolution processes not communication systems.
Even though on the syllabus they are the dispute resolution processes they are part of the grievance procedure and can be included.

yr12yr12

HSC
N/A
communication systems i put down team briefings and woker participation in decision making, is that right?

Swazz

Jooocy
HSC
It would explain what the company is going to do , say manufacturing. Break down all requirements for cost of location, tooling, supplies, staffing, product/ products involved, market strategy, advertising, all related costs. A complete break down of where the dollars are going. A projection of sales. It should contain as many facts and figures that you can provide. Graphs, charts, and a prospectus will all be part of the presentation. The more comprehensive the better. A small stack of orders from customers waiting for your product would be a coup.

Business Women Association
Troll/spam? LOLOLOL

R

RichardJackson

was just seeing if you guys could tell me your opinions on the following

1) Was the answer to question 12 of the multiple choice decreased solvency and decreased liquidity
2) For the employment relations section of the short answers, would a financial benefit be characterized as 'realizing and reforming inefficient work practices which improves productivity'
3) For the business report, did the ethical and legal part of the question strictly want us to mention ONE legal and ONE ethical aspect of marketing, or could we of done two legal aspects....i.e implied coniditions and deceptive and misleading advertising? Also, would 'finding cheaper short term sources of overdrafts with cheaper interest rates and more flexiblity' be a way to improve the overdraft position of the business within the business report?
4) For the extended response, if for whatever reason I didn't talk about the changing nature of markets or financial influence (dont ask why, I know how stupid that was) and if I only mentioned 5 of the reasons for expansion (again, dont ask why), but made good reference to case studies and wrote a significant amount on other sources of change/reasons for expansion, would it still be possible to score between 18-20?

natebrah1

HSC
I'm not sure if i choose the correct strategies for the financial issue.. i figured out it was the a/c receivable as being the issue .. then discussing the implications it has on working capital management but the strategies i discussed was factoring and control of current assets. Does this count as a strategy i know its not part of the working capital management strategy but i figured it dealt with accounts receivable within it. What are your thoughts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)