Section III- Exchange Rate Question? Didn't answer the question? (1 Viewer)

NWO

HSC
I chose Q25.
"Explain how movements in the Australian dollar can affect the performance of the Australian economy."

This is what i did.
Trend of Australian dollar: One full page using the stiumulus
Causes of movements: Interest rates differential, inflation rates, TOT
supply and demand curve- one for appreciation- one for depreciation

Impacts: (not so much on it i think, but enuf)
Apprecation: high aud, higher export prices, less competitive etc
depreciation: abit on this not much

Overall 7 pages..
So, did i even answer the question??? I looked at the 2011 answers where it said "discuss the impact of changes" it said to include: inflation rates, twi, but not interest rates.. so..??

NWO

HSC
Can anyone who did this question reply lol im so worried now. But ive consistentity mentioned the impacts through my essay

leesh95

HSC
I chose Q25.
"Explain how movements in the Australian dollar can affect the performance of the Australian economy."

This is what i did.
Trend of Australian dollar: One full page using the stiumulus
Causes of movements: Interest rates differential, inflation rates, TOT
supply and demand curve- one for appreciation- one for depreciation

Impacts: (not so much on it i think, but enuf)
Apprecation: high aud, higher export prices, less competitive etc
depreciation: abit on this not much

Overall 7 pages..
So, did i even answer the question??? I looked at the 2011 answers where it said "discuss the impact of changes" it said to include: inflation rates, twi, but not interest rates.. so..??
As long as you did something on effects. That's why I didn't do this question because it was too specific and felt there wasn't enough to write on. Maybe a 13/20?

NWO

HSC
i wrote something how they were all linked... i shouldnt have done this question. fml

EpicHero

HSC
My teacher said that they won't take away marks for stuff that doesn't answer the question, but if you've talked in detail about the impacts then you should be fine.

lolwot

HSC
Yes you answered it correctly - at least that is how i answered it. Identifying the "movements" and their sources, and the effect of these movements on the Australian economy with evidence/explanation thus creating a cohesive arguement. You can't start purely with the effects, you need background on the mechanisms. Thats my 2c

If there is a big discrepancy they will probably just scale the option accordingly. What did people think was the easier option?

Last edited:

sugartits

HSC
You've only half answered the question, talking about what causes a movement in the dollar was a waste of time, sorry to say. Hopefully the bits that did answer the question were really well answered :D

Randox

HSC
N/A
You've only half answered the question, talking about what causes a movement in the dollar was a waste of time, sorry to say. Hopefully the bits that did answer the question were really well answered :D
So what you are just going to day: "In 2000 the dollar appreciated from $Us0.50 to $$Us0.97 pre GFC" Without any reason why?? Of course factors are not as important in this question but you still talk about it imo.

thefiftethgate

HSC
I went through the household sector, Firms sector and economic objectives of internal stability and external stability

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)