Section IV - Extended Response (1 Viewer)

Which question did you do?

• Q. 27

Votes: 77 80.2%
  • Q. 28

Votes: 19 19.8%

• Total voters

dela_

HSC
N/A
Am i the only one who spoke about both internal and external soures of change?

hup

HSC
N/A
Am i the only one who spoke about both internal and external soures of change?
ithe question asked for both
i did q28 but i was tossing up between the two for a while

dela_

HSC
N/A
ithe question asked for both
i did q28 but i was tossing up between the two for a while
yeah but everyone seems to be just focusing on external .. am i wrong if i linked the internal changes aswell:S

michaeljennings

HSC
yeah but everyone seems to be just focusing on external .. am i wrong if i linked the internal changes aswell:S
The question said and/or.
I think if you did both then that would differentiate yourself from the majority of the state, in a good way, especially if your internal changes were explained well.

But yeah, i did q28 as well

Exotic

HSC
It said either external or internal or both of them. I did both.

dela_

HSC
N/A
The question said and/or.
I think if you did both then that would differentiate yourself from the majority of the state, in a good way, especially if your internal changes were explained well.

But yeah, i did q28 as well
Okay thanks

Italian4uc

HSC
Re: extended response

i did 28, i thought it was alot less content and easier to relate...

Tennisaddict

HSC

I'm scared i didn't specifically highlight the nature/sources of change just said economic sources = reasons for int. expansion ect. Got a bit convoluted, probably should have used a report style. Nonetheless, i think i used my case study well. Just wish there was a marketing option!

coldTEARSx3

HSC
N/A

Yeah I spent a whole year studying this boring subject and they cant spend more than 15 mins marking my essay? Surely not
Actually for english, they only get 3 minutes to read each essay. My English teacher is a HSC marker btw. So i wouldn't be surprised if they only spent 15 minutes on each essay.

hup

HSC
N/A

Actually for english, they only get 3 minutes to read each essay. My English teacher is a HSC marker btw. So i wouldn't be surprised if they only spent 15 minutes on each essay.
did u no everyone on bos teacher is senior hsc mareker

shakky

HSC

For those who did Q28, how many global employment/management issues did you use? I'm not sure, but I think I only did 3 or 4 in a lot of detail. I think i worked on managing change, cultural diversity and industrial conflict, and maybe industrial law....

hup

HSC
N/A

For those who did Q28, how many global employment/management issues did you use? I'm not sure, but I think I only did 3 or 4 in a lot of detail. I think i worked on managing change, cultural diversity and industrial conflict, and maybe industrial law....
i did all skills but left out self management
and i wrote about

staffing systems
global cultural diversity
diff in labour laws
shortage of skilled labour

i didnt really write about conflict and those stuff cause it asked for more global things
under each skill i wrote about how it could be used to manage ^

people

cultural diversity

flexibility/adaptibility to change

staffing systems
diff in labour laws

complex problem solving/ decision making/ strategic thinking

staffing systems
labour laws

vision

cultural diversity
staffing systems

high personal standards and ethics

cultural diversity
labour laws

also had to give example of a manager in a global business using each of the skills under their headings

shakky

HSC

Yeah I kinda did the same, i shuda talked about staffing systems and labor law more specifically rather than scattering it around my other issues. I think that might limit my marks. But I didn't talk about a specific manager, I talked about IKEA, and how they train their managers, and what they do. I guess using a specific manager would've been good.
But anyway, well done, you really covered the syllabus points well. I hope you get a solid 18-20/20.

Swazz

Jooocy
HSC

i did all skills but left out self management
and i wrote about

staffing systems
global cultural diversity
diff in labour laws

i didnt really write about conflict and those stuff cause it asked for more global things
under each skill i wrote about how it could be used to manage ^
Yeah, I used a similar structure to you BUT did:

Intro

Case Study Dedicated

Then combined a number of managment skills (found it easier/more realistic to say that through a bunch of skills Global ER was managed).
My Global ER Used were: Staffing systems, Minimum standards of labour, varying laws, skill shortages and organisational structure.
The skills I used were People skills, decision making, high ethics/personal standards (attached well to min stds of labour), Flexibility to change and Teamwork.

Left out the rest as they were unneccesary. Yeah, I found it easier to link to case study by focusing on a particular manager (espesh for people skills and personal standards)

Then linked the two through using criteria of both minimising risk in global business AND measures of effectiveness/financial performance for my case study.

The topics synthesised nicely, allowed for integrated use of case study. Hoping I didn't do too bad =/ or completely misinterpret the question....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)