Section IV - Historical Period (1 Viewer)

HSC
Re: Section IV - Historical Periods

airbag said:
I must be getting mixed up with a practice essay i've done then
tiberius was asked in a previous year - cant rememer when it was?
but i think what u were probably thinking of was the specimen paper (if u saw it) from last year. that was one of the questions :)

what-for?

HSC

i guess no one did greece: 800-500BC.

oh man, this was my worst section. for the past 4 yrs it had asked questions on Solon or Cleisthenes so i learnt my heart out for them. then came the exam and it was two new questions.

ended up having to dig deep in my memory bank to come up with 6 pages of bullshit. so upset >=[

im kinda confident in my other sections so im hoping those will make up for this essay.

katarvey

Premium Member
HSC
yeh i dont think ill ever forget that breasted thought that Thut III was the napoleon of ancient Egypt.
this thread hasnt made me feel that good...i was heaps scared going into the exam then when i saw the question i was like "score!"
i chose hyksos impact question...and i think the most obvious pick for me would have been (b) but i thought this question would be more interesting (and i thought most people would do (b)...which doesnt seem the case DAMNIT)
yeh i think i put a fair bit of facts and cause and effect links..but mine realllllllyyyyy lacked sources. I found it hard to incorperate 2ndary sources into it....wat did u guys put??

frozenindesire

HSC
Lauraline xx said:
I sware... SWARE IT.... that in no other freaking past paper.... there has been something that big on freaking Amenhotep.
that's exactly why i predicted it would show up

Lauraline xx

HSC
frozenindesire said:
that's exactly why i predicted it would show up

yes well arnt you clever. can you also predict what will be in my drama exam?

Queen Anna

University Gal
HSC

xinxin89 said:
yea greek world 500-440 was good, did the naval battles question, overall paper was good i rkn
i thought the paper was fair good...expecting worse but i still wasnt a huge fan of the greek world bit...i mean i did it n all but id say it won't be my best section.
possibly xerxes for section III or old kingdom egypt - section II will be my best...i hope

jingelz

HSC

ahen said:
seems like no one else did Amenhotep III - Ramses II

anyway i answerd the question on Amenhotep because it was sooo bloody general and simple though i could've also done the queens one since we did that as an assessment task. Actually we did the amenhotep one in class as well.
i wrote um about 6 pages with around 8-10 words a line, unfortunately i can NEVER remember what historian says what so i just chucked in redford and Giraud and breasted a few times from when i think they said...whatever they said.
couldn't think of much to say about amenhotep's buildings tho *sigh* oh well whatever, i always seem to get good marks in this subject , gawd knows how or why
YES ITS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *dance*
i also did amenhotep III-ramsesII but i answered the questions on the queens cos i stduyed taht one more. our assessment in school on this topic though was about foreignpolicy and building programs so i felt more comfortable talking about a whol erange of different queens and their role instead of just amenhotep cos i would have been stumped!!thank god tehy put two rather different yet very similar questions to choose from.

in my response whch was 10 pages i talked about the different queens during this time , the similar roles they shared like the obvious consort as well as different things each queen did.for e.g nerfertiti was teh triad of akhenatens religion and queen tiye and foreign policy.

well its all written now.cant do anything except wait for teh results!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)