Section IV - Historical Periods (1 Viewer)

jessmooka

don't leapfrog unicorns.
HSC
Julio-Claudians... I loooved it! i wrote a booklet n a half, tiny writing, probably about 1500 words... amazed myself :D what a great Nero question!

Thecorey0

HSC
Rome 264-133BC (Punic Wars)Horrible questions. Way too much content to cover. Conquest of Greece? Not in the syllabus.
Agreed, a) was way too abigious. I ended up writing about just about every single consul and general. Only way I could do it justive was with 15 pages of information. Greece is in there. Hellenisim is mentioned specifically. Ambigious dot point can also be linked like "impact of wars of expansion on roman politics, economy and society".

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
lol, I knew you guys would get awesome questions for Greek World 500-440 B.C. after they raped us with it last year.

kaytee91

HSC
lol, I knew you guys would get awesome questions for Greek World 500-440 B.C. after they raped us with it last year.
Haha I was counting on it, thanks for taking one for the team lolz

rachierach

HSC
Augustan Age, the Senate one.. Studied it this morning, so awesome! haha

gbramley

HSC
i did the julio-claudians... i did really shit! studied only tiberius and claudius... ended up writing almost a page on shit all...

chaldoking

HSC
Agreed, a) was way too abigious. I ended up writing about just about every single consul and general. Only way I could do it justive was with 15 pages of information. Greece is in there. Hellenisim is mentioned specifically. Ambigious dot point can also be linked like "impact of wars of expansion on roman politics, economy and society".
I wrote about three roman leaders; fabius, scipio and cato. i looked at fabius + cato as military leaders and counterbalanced it with cato and his conservative ideals etc.

Classical Greece is not about Hellenism I don't think? I thought the question was asking about Phillip V of Macedon and Antiochus III - looking at things like the aetolian league. i did not see connection to the economy, society and politics dot-point. It practially asked the same thing as the first question - the duration of the 2nd punic war. Really disappointed with the questions.

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
Greek World 500-440BC
Did question B for the Delian League's aims.
Very simple question. Had heaps of quotes, but I wasn't sure where to finish talking about it. I ended up just finishing my essay @ Peace of Callias and briefly mentioned what happened afterwards with Athens moving to an empire...

vantastic

HSC
I did Amenhotep III to Ramses II question B, the one on the foriegn powers but i don't think i went very well. good bye band 6 :(

Thecorey0

HSC
I wrote about three roman leaders; fabius, scipio and cato. i looked at fabius + cato as military leaders and counterbalanced it with cato and his conservative ideals etc.
Cato? Wasn't he in number 3? I spent over an hour on it, and talked about everybody, fabius, scipio, micinius, macellus, longus, scipio's dad and uncle, flaminius and probably more. I basically just compared and contrasted the above.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
I did Greek World 446-399, question b. I was shocked (and happy) with how broad it was. After the Catholic Trial I was shitting myself thinking we'd get something uber-specific.

The Land Of Procrastinating.. Which is in the same
HSC
I did Amenhotep III to Ramses II question B, the one on the foriegn powers but i don't think i went very well. good bye band 6 :(
Same. I did question a but, I found it much easier to answer.. as I did not know anything with the external relationships between all the kings- the only thing I don't know out of all of.

The more I think about what I wrote for a, the more paranoid about it I'm getting.. I didn't really analyse.. I just described more.. and I didn't go into much detail.. I just talked about how each pharaoh after Akehnaten tried to not associate themselves with him etc. Ahh well, it's all over..

I feel kinda sad knowing I'll never do ancient again.. If I had to choose a favourite subject it would probably be it.

Becccc

HSC
wow, not that many people did Persia (Cyrus - Darius III) going by the looks of it. sweet.
full booklet on the significance of the building program. Almost exact same question as our trial.

samtaclaus

HSC
Greek World 500-440BC
Did question B for the Delian League's aims.
Very simple question. Had heaps of quotes, but I wasn't sure where to finish talking about it. I ended up just finishing my essay @ Peace of Callias and briefly mentioned what happened afterwards with Athens moving to an empire...
I don't think it was a very simple question that invoked a pure recount of events.

It was asking you to make a judgement 'to what extent'. Hence factors that DIDN'T fulfill their aims should be considered ie stuff that happened during the transformation. The question had quite a huge scope of ways to answer it though.

Last edited:

Book Freak

Whovian
HSC
I did question B on the Greek World 500-440 BC, was really easy for me :D
Do you think 5 cources was enough to mention though? :s
I Bloody wellhope so, cos I did about 2 (Bad Dobby! Bad Dobby!) B was the Delian League one right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)