Section IV - Historical Periods (1 Viewer)

chels777

HSC
what the fuck is wrong with you guys and your massive writing? I wrote 5 and a half pages with 9-10 words a line
i dont think there is anything wrong with people, people just have different styles of handwriting especially when they are stressed

therealmiggles

HSC
i was like YES ANOTHER POMPEY QUESTION for fall of the republic
I've being doing it all year for my trials, half yearlies even in class essay.
wrote 8 pages hopefully ill get 23+
I'll need to cos i choked on a 15 marker for ancient societies (stupid sparta!)
Haha everyone thought the same in my class. I knew they were going to ask another Pompey question (it's the most commonly asked question) but I vowed I wouldn't have done it because I had already done it in two other assessments this year and was so over it. But then they asked 'did he deserve to be called 'great'?' and I couldn't hold my hatred for Pompey and so wrote the longest rant about how much I hate Pompey and how he never deserved to be called 'great'...because...umm...he wasn't? Hahaha

HSC
I did the Augustus first question and I basically talked about:
1) Propaganda through building program and literature --> SO MUCH SUPPORT OMG. Allurement of peace that shit.
2) Effective administration of the Senate/reforms to the senatorial order --> more efficiency with grain supply as the Senate controlled the supply and they were happy cause Augustus was a BAMF and made them happy (lolz dodge point).
3) Enticement of soldiers with gifts WAS A LIEEE cause of maius imperium.

Weakest section in my paper not gonna lie.

ReneeApple

HSC
I prepared a lot more for Amenhotep III and Akhenaten

I prepared for all the kings, though if there was an Amenhotep III question or a queens question I would have been flipping ecstatic as they were the areas I was most confident in. Horemheb's reign was quite boring, but I found it much more interesting than foreign policy. *Shudder*

Last edited:

Elliee

Crazy Kid
HSC
julio-claudian question were decent but just unexpected :/
So we didn't predict the questions right.... I was so lucky, the only emperor I knew in detail was Tiberius... our trial question was basically the same, and I got 22/25 for that, so very happy :)

Kazr

HSC
My school did the q42 Rome: 264-133BC
the questions were like (a) latifundia and talk about it being responsible for economic and social problems
(b) assess the roles of Fabius and Scipio Africanus in 2nd punic war

These questions seemed really easy but like wayy too vague.............if you went off on a tangent which i kinda did coz i chose the first option so a very broad topic to write about....probs end up with 20/25 :S how many pages did you guys write in average?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)