Sections III, IV : Extended Response (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Post your thoughts on the 4 extended response options. (questions 25-28.)

How did you go? Which 2 questions did you choose?

Dimplez

HSC
I chose q26 (exchange rate) and wrote 10 pages...but not very quality IMO.
Also chose q28 (monetary policy) and wrote 9 pages...I'm not all that happy with it though.

Steph-an-ie

HSC
i did the exchange rates and monetary policy! i should have read the one about globalisation better because i think i didnt write exchange rates that well :(

phnuggle

HSC
DEAD EASY ESSAY QUESTIONS! i was contemplating on either monetary and fiscal i love both! but ended up chosing monetary!

THE WHOLE EXAM WAS SO EASY! didnt test me on anything really =S, just general knowledge =O!

tau281290

HSC
Steph-an-ie said:
i did the exchange rates and monetary policy! i should have read the one about globalisation better because i think i didnt write exchange rates that well :(
same, i guess most did those 2. and my exchange rate one isn't wiith a lot of quality either.

yoyotommo

HSC
yea like i think i did alright i section 3 but section 4, i think the fact i was fkn 5pm screwed me over, i mean jesus bed time!

christiina.h

HSC
i predicted both the essay questions that i did!!!!!!!!

well, i predicted a trade organisations one, and a micro one, and a monetary one so woooooo!! when we did the paper check, it was like christmas i actually started grinning

and my hand was dying during the essays because i had modern this morning as well and hence could have written a lot more for the essays, and wish i had more time too but i took my time on the short-answer and multiple choice

nataliaa.cc

HSC
Q26 - 8 pages. I estimate like 1,400 words. I was quite happy.

Q28 - 4 and a bit pages. I estimate like 650 words. Not so good, but hopefully quality > quantity. I got in trouble for ripping two pages out of the booklet too =Z

yeeshu

HSC
i got raped in essays...did exchange rate and monetary...
my exchange rate one was all over the place someone tell me if this is screwed

Intro
multilateral and bilaterla mesausres
causes of recent Asutralian apereciaion (commodity exports, positive speculation and increaded investment and financial inflows into midning)
Effect
  • reduced IC = worsened CAD (reverse j curve diagram)
    • talked about how in short term it improves but sustained = worse
  • valuation effect foreign debt = reduced debt and outflows
    • talked aobut how foreign liabilities have been increasing at 10% per year so thats made the valuation effect not decrease the defict on cad but rather "cushion" it
  • overall sumation if it having a positive effect on external stability as net income means more than BOGS (relatively)
  • Inflation
    • imported in flation minimised
    • ER acted as a "cushion" against increased demand pull and cost push inflation in dowmstic economy due to rising national income as a result of commodities boom
  • Unemployment
    • reduced ic = increase unemployment
    • but commoditi boom and increased consumption growth i nsame period counteracted this effect
  • conclusion
so basically i would say something...then i would like "contradict" it cuz the aussie economy decides to do the opposite of what would happen in a perfect porblem free world hahahahaha

BackCountrySnow

HSC
monetary let me include the financial crisis and the current conflict the RBA has with high inflation and the expected slowdown.

michael1990

HSC
phnuggle said:
DEAD EASY ESSAY QUESTIONS! i was contemplating on either monetary and fiscal i love both! but ended up chosing monetary!

THE WHOLE EXAM WAS SO EASY! didnt test me on anything really =S, just general knowledge =O!
I also like both.
But i choose fiscal cause i thought i could write heaps more.

I also choose Globalisation essay.

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
I wrote Section 3 on the front of the Question 28 booklet but question 28 is Section 4!!!!!!!!! does that matter?

hked

HSC
i did the international organisation (1000 words, 3.5 pageSs , and the fiscal (1100 wordS)

and ye i wrote 15 words a line for the q1, then 17 worlds a line for q2. which is y i only used up 3.5 pages for each q .

my global essay was shithole hahaha, fiscal was good

sirfeathers

HSC
yarr, I thought they could've been a lot worse.

I did the exchange rate appreciation one and the fiscal policy one, kindof ran out of time on fiscal policy although it was still pretty long and comprehensive so hat's ok.

bazza159

HSC
hked said:
i did the international organisation (1000 words, 3.5 pageSs , and the fiscal (1100 wordS)

and ye i wrote 15 words a line for the q1, then 17 worlds a line for q2. which is y i only used up 3.5 pages for each q .

im sorry but its not physically possible to write 17 words a line, dont care how small you write there's not enough space.

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
hked said:

I cant even fit 17 LETTERS on a line

danz90

HSC
I did Q25 (globalisation) and Q28(monetary policy).
14 Pages for Q25
11 Pages for Q28
Wrote around 6-7 words per line.
I could write heaps coz I had 2 hours for essays, zoomed thru the MC and SHort answers.

I really liked the globalisation one. I talked about WTO, IMF in good detail, implemented all the stimulus quotes, and then talked about EU, ASEAN, APEC.. and tied in 2 pages about the global financial crisis. I reckon I did really well in that essay, I ended up tieing in things like moral hazard and intergenerational equity too.

The effectiveness of monetary policy was a good Q too... the economic objectives I talked about in regards to monetary policy were:
-Inflation
-Econ. Growth
-Unemployment
-International Competitiveness
-External Stability
Got lots of recent stats in there etc etc

Im pretty happy overall with the extended responses :)

eekmnq4x

HSC
I did Question 25 and 28

I didnt finish 28 on IMF, WTO and trading bloc.
i went on for too long about wto 7 pages, only 2 pages for imf, and nthing for trading bloc =[

wuld i get like really low mark for that?
arggh!!!!!!!!!!:confused::burn:

MrSlav

HSC
i pwnd fiscal but the exchange rate one was shocking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)