Sections III, IV : Extended Response (1 Viewer)

cimbom

HSC
yep, q25 had labour reform.
so did a whole section of short response.

HSC
N/A
did 26 and 27 i hope i did well, if i didn't i be spewin cause all that writin n stayin up till 12 am, use crazy amount of stats ... n ask all these peepz about recent stats and events ... go recent budget! =-)

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
Why the fuck was everyone saying there was no case study question? We had a guy yell out in reading time that "there's no fucking china in here". The last question was perfect to draw on your knowledge of australia and other countries. I did Australia + China + Brazil, aced that essay question, easy 18/20. I did the inflation one for my other essay, not as good...

Mandy101

HSC
^Same here, I just appropriated Australia and China as examples of how standards of living in NIC's & advanced industrial economies differed as part of my argument. I thought the question left a lot to interpretation.

I did question 26 as the other question and I thought it was a really good one.

HSC
26- great, wasn't expecting it but i hadn't memorised any essays, not like english. expecting close to full marks for the 26- talked about limitations of monetary- time lag, also external limitations ie: appreciation, net incomes deteriorating.
28- was expecting a case study or this.
talked about the first bit about increased labour mobility, trade increasing as a percentage of world output(figures), also increased portfolio(memorised the figures), increased FDI(knew figures), also talked about TNCs(major reason for increased fdi and increased techno inflow), then talked about the different organisations- WT0, IMF, WORLD BANK, then different blocs- EU,NAFTA.

For the second part talked about different regions- industrialised, developing(in paticular sub-saharan), then talked about Asian financial crisis(for NICs), then talked about China and India, talked about how agricultural protection reducing would be benificial- talked about the figures, as well as world bank and imf's role.
It was a pretty straight forward question kind of glad they didn't ask the case study- allows people who only memorise to struggle, though i admit i did memorise for the case study i also knew the impact of globalisation on the global economy as well.

Skewl

HSC
I did q26 and 27 can some one please tell me how they did theirs coz i wasnt too sure wat to write for the unemplyment n economic growth relationship. For q 27 i jus had how eco growth is affecte dby factors such as inflation, polices etc and then i wrote about how if growth increases then so too does unemployemnmt but i dindt know what else to write...wat did u all do/

R_6

For 26, i talked about Microeconomic policiy + Monetary policiy, and then limitation in terms of time lag, global factor and political.

For 27, i talked about the factor affecting consumption, investment, gov spending and trade. Link it with unemployment, natural rate of unemploymeny and talk about recent economic performance and unemployment in Australia

tigerchenyanhu

HSC
i storngly agree with r6

R_6 said:
For 26, i talked about Microeconomic policiy + Monetary policiy, and then limitation in terms of time lag, global factor and political.

For 27, i talked about the factor affecting consumption, investment, gov spending and trade. Link it with unemployment, natural rate of unemploymeny and talk about recent economic performance and unemployment in Australia
i am 100% sure what we need to do for q26 nevertheless, for q27 i am not quite sure about where it is sufficient to talk about just these issues. what i have done is foucs on the microeconomic reform which can actually liting economic growth and achieve a lasting unemployment in the long trem by increasing our economic productive capacity through reducing NAIRU
but is that any further implication than this or is there any other issue i need to cover in the extended response????????????????????????????????????????????????

Skewl

HSC
why did u need to talk about the natural rate of unemployemnt? i only included like 2 paragraphs on the link between em and thats it.

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
I referred pretty heavily to the NAIRU in Qu 26.

28 I compared China and AIEs, trading blocs, negative externalities of globalisation, questioned the rise in overall utility and surmised that it was the incomplete application of globalisation that resulted in degenerating economic development (i.e. if there's no protection anyway then globalisation = win, but with EU & NAFTA = inequality etc.)

flamearrows

rosepetal25

HSC
N/A
minushuman said:
Why the fuck was everyone saying there was no case study question? We had a guy yell out in reading time that "there's no fucking china in here". The last question was perfect to draw on your knowledge of australia and other countries. I did Australia + China + Brazil, aced that essay question, easy 18/20. I did the inflation one for my other essay, not as good...

yeah i too thought the question was fairly open.
i referenced singapore australia and subsaharan africa

HSC
I did 25 & 28
incorporated Japan into 28...

I hontesly hoope i gave them what they were asking for... because as everyone has already mentioned, they weren't exactly specific lol

anyway gl all, :)

HSC
N/A
i did not choose the last question, but im sure u had to make reference to the global economy the most and use stuff like world gwp as well as world foreign investment shiet as well inequality, like i think u should onli side reference other economies, not fully go into detail, i did nto choose this one cause i had no stats on it, i knew the information though, i was spewin about nto choosin it. whoever went to the eco conference thingy n receive those notes should of killed it so easily, it was a giveaway for those who went to that conference n got those free notes n tonne of stats. i reckon second last essay was bit tricky, im dumb for choosin it =-\ i hope the markers get impress by me memorisin like a million stats n not my quality

IcEy

HSC
Basically everyone at my school did the Inflation question and then the economic growth and unemployment.
The inflation question was absoloutely awesome. I spent an hour and 15 on it, I could've written on it for 2 hours. Did 3 of the 8 page ones on it. I loved it. Pity I had to cut stuff out, I could've written so so much more...*sigh*

Growth and unemployment wasn't spectacular, but it was still pretty good. Yeah, hopefully 17+ for them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)