See you at UMAT! (1 Viewer)

youngsky

poof
HSC
Yo Adrita, I was waiting in the 8 am line after someone who mentioned that they did Med. science. Was that you? lol

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Yo Adrita, I was waiting in the 8 am line after someone who mentioned that they did Med. science. Was that you? lol
My entire Med Sci cohort was @ UMAT
So if it was me, it was. Or it could have been about 100 other people lol.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Fail why so many med science kids want to do Med?
This isn't going to be statistically accurate at all, but what I've found is:

About half of them are from parental pressure (You must do med)

About half of them are going for the 3 figure salary (e.g. if not med, then law, then engineering or commerce/actuarial)

About half of them are doing it for privilege or anything medically related to have some sort of recognition (If not med then dent, if not dent, then optom)

About 2% genuinely have an interest in actual Medicine and wanting to be a doctor

Fade1233

HSC
N/A
This isn't going to be statistically accurate at all, but what I've found is:

About half of them are from parental pressure (You must do med)

About half of them are going for the 3 figure salary (e.g. if not med, then law, then engineering or commerce/actuarial)

About half of them are doing it for privilege or anything medically related to have some sort of recognition (If not med then dent, if not dent, then optom)

About 2% genuinely have an interest in actual Medicine and wanting to be a doctor
And half of the two percent don't get in.

Fade1233

HSC
N/A
Sometimes because they aren't competent enough and sometimes because the other kids get the spots, sigh
It's not always competition that help someone. But who am I to say anything.[emoji1]

Last edited:

Medman

HSC
Just do finance imo. Seriously. Bet if I ask most people in med science they don't know sh*t about medicine.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Just do finance imo. Seriously. Bet if I ask most people in med science they don't know sh*t about medicine.
Yep, pretty much. You won't believe how many are like "Uh if I don't get in, I'll just do commerce or law or something" or "Nah, I have to do this because my parents won't let me do anything else". So they do the Med Science coursework like robots without actually understanding anything and totally hating it.

I actually enjoy the subjects that I learn about in Med Science, esp Anatomy & Physiology. But then it infuriates me when I see people going "Uh Anatomy is such a pain in the ass, there's so much to do, it's so boring" and go on to say that they want to do Medicine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)