Seeking for Advice (1 Viewer)

Tiajfe9drffdrf

HSC
Hi, Just a little bit of my background, I'm an accelerated math adv student and I'm doing HSC math Adv this year. For my first assessment, I did very well and rank 1st but the second one was a nightmare, and because of that assessment my cumulative rank drop out of the top 5 ( still in the top 10). Will I have a chance to make my way back into the top 3 if I do well on my trial? I want a 95 + for my HSC math and idk whether it is achievable with my situation right now because my school isn't that strong (top 200) :(.

carrotsss

HSC
It really depends on how much the prior tasks were weighted, and how many marks you lost on task 2. If you lost like 50% on task 2 and everyone else loses less than 50% worth of marks on the next two assessments, then it’s gonna be tricky. But, given that you ranked 1st in the first assessment, you’re probably not really that far behind, and if you’re aiming for a 95 hsc mark then you should be able to get a really good mark in the next assessment and especially in the trials, which could easily make up for the lost ground.

I had a similar situation last year worth accelerated SOR, and the best advice I could probably give would be to completely forget about your ranking and just give everything else you’re all. Best case scenario, you get your 95 and everything is great, worst case scenario you miss it by a bit and still get a way better mark than if you gave up.

scaryshark09

HSC
It depends on how much your trials and task 3 are worth. Should be at least 50% combined tho (of internals) which is def enough to get to top 3. Even still, the HSC will be the big decider for what mark you get. Not only is it worth 50% overall, but it will also affect your internals cause you need to do well so that the mark of your rank is good in the HSC (this is more relevant with smaller cohorts, and also depends on where you stand in your cohort. - If you are top 3, then the HSC can also have a decent impact on internals).
Anyway, 95 is def possible if you put in the work. I stuffed up task 2 also last year but did well in task 3 and trials and ended on a good rank. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)