Selecting courses?????? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
hi

i am applying for the first time at unsw- for electrical engineering,

so i needed help with how to select courses...:(

i have been on the website but it just confused me even more ...... lol!!!

thnx for ur time in helping me out!!

:jump:

Sokolov

HSC
N/A
Choosing the right courses

MATH1131 or MATH1141

3 + 2i

If you don't know what the fuck that expression is, MATH1131 is definitely for you.
If you earned $50 from winning a bet you would get 96/100 or higher for both Maths Ext 1 AND Maths Ext. 2 then MATH1141 is for you.

PHYS1121 or PHYS1131

If you are awesome at problem solving, can actually think, you were just damn good at Mechanics in Maths Ext. 2 or just generally mathematically gifted or you have the "i think i can handles moar questions" attitude then PHYS1131 is for you.
If none of the above applies to you or you are generally lazy, pick PHYS1121.

Anyone doing Electrical Engineering must do PHYS1231, which assumes you passed PHYS1131.

COMP1911 or COMP1917

If you have never programmed anything in your entire life, COMP1911 is definitely for you.
If you are keen on programming had experience in C or making unauthorised entries into corporate level computer networks and equivalent, COMP1917 is for you.

ENGG1000

Pick the Electrical Strand.
MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN THE ELECTRICAL STRAND.

Log on to my.unsw.edu.au

Enrol

lol when i enrolled it was also my first time, but i managed!

LOL!!!!!1

UNSW Handbook

my.unsw.edu.au

find your course in the handbook, enrol into courses via myunsw, win life.

(or be more specific with your question)
To be more specific:
UNSW Handbook Program - Electrical Engineering - 3640

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
OK KOOL

thnx for ur replies but i chose comp 1917- so does any1 kno what the heck the tutorial lab classes are? and how many do we chose???

thnx

Sokolov

HSC
N/A
OK KOOL

thnx for ur replies but i chose comp 1917- so does any1 kno what the heck the tutorial lab classes are? and how many do we chose???

thnx
You head off to your Tutorial-Lab class by going to the location at the time listed in your timetable.
Chances are it will be a nice little classroom, like the ones in school.

The tutor will do some simple hand written algorithms relevant to the current lab work on the board to help you understand.
About 30 minutes later everyone will follow the tutor to the computer labs and do the required weekly lab work on a computer and assist anyone where necessary.

That's why it's called a tutorial-laboratory class.

HSC
N/A
ok koooool.......

got my way through ...also is everyone elses times packed? i have no days off and only 2 half days??????

- and for textbooks when do we start buying them and do they have to word for word need to match on the list????

e.g. for maths: math1131 textbook prescribed is Calculus One & Several Variables + WileyPLUS 10ED but can we get Calculus One & Several Variables + WileyPLUS (10) instead?

thnx :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)